PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder Replacement Surgery?

sharhondaknott
06-29-2006, 08:47 PM
Hello Everyone, I have a bit of a dilemna. I was on a high dose of steroids and subsequently developed osteonecrois. Basically the blood didn't circulate to my shoulder and it caused the bone to die and I lost 2/3 of the shoulder bone. Anyways, I have been confused because my rhumie explained that shoulder replacement surgery is usually for older people(I am 27) and that it will only last for 10 years. And to make matters worse, at best it would only give me 50 percent arm motion. I wonder if anyone else has had to deal with this and what did they do?

stjames13
06-30-2006, 09:20 AM
8)
I wish I could help you.....all I can say is be sure to go to the BEST ORTHOPEDIST possible and BE SURE they know you have LUPUS.

ANd then take care of that shoulder and make that 10 years last 15 and deal with it later.....when your between a ROCK and a HARD PLACE all you can do is what seem to be right.....and it seems that YOU MUST have this done.....If you;re on the EAST COAST check out ROTHMANN INSTITUTE IN PHILLY they are some of the BEST ORTHOPEDIST's in the country.

St james