PDA

View Full Version : Hello.....

marci
07-11-2013, 02:14 PM
So glad I found WHL site! I was diagnosed with lupus in 2007, after many days of not believing, I think I've finally faced reality. It's a wonder my Rhuemy will still see me. I'm from Austin, Texas and I'm excited to be a part of this group.

debbie-b
07-12-2013, 03:37 AM
Hi Marci,

Welcome to WHL.
So, how are you doing? Do you have a lot of problems, or are you doing pretty well?
What meds are you on? Tell us a little about you, if you feel like it.
Again, welcome.

Debbie

marci
07-16-2013, 12:55 PM
Thanks,

I've had some really bad times, an allergic reaction to Lamisil in 2007 that caused me to have Steven Johnson Syndrome, they couldn't seem to get it under control. When they finally did they think maybe that the reaction is what triggered the Lupus. I still don't fully understand but I love my rhuemy she's great.

I've been on plaquenil since 2007, 400 mg. daily, predisone on and off, the last couple of years I haven't had any real bad episodes, the Sjogren's drives me crazy...I was diagnosed with that right around 2008. My latest appointment she also diagnosed me with Ostheoarthritis, it's been really bad in my hands and shoulders...taking Meloxicam for that right now but it hasn't really been helping lately. Taking Trazadone to help me sleep, not working either, my appointment in September I hope we can come up with some other options.