PDA

View Full Version : Muscle pain and prednisone

mystiejm
06-16-2013, 01:58 PM
I am 4 months post partum with my 3rd baby and been back on plaquenil since her birth. 3 weeks ago I started having muscle pain in my hips, thighs and neck. I figured it was fibromyalgia (I have always had the tender points but not the constant pain) BUT it became really severe. I called my rheumy and she ordered blood work and 15 to 20 mg of prednisone. After 24 hours on the prednisone the pain is better. The pain was severe and something I have not had with my lupus. Has anyone else had similar muscle pain? Also, I have been taking the prednisone 5mg tablets 3 times a day about 6 hours apart. Is that good or is it better to take it all at once? My rheumy didn't say and it's all new to me. Thanks for the help and support.

debbie-b
06-17-2013, 03:50 AM
Hi mystiejm,

The muscle pain is with me 24/7 and it only stops, when I am taking prednisone. This was proof for my rheumy, that it came from the Lupus. At first he was thinking about Fibro as well, he checked the tender points, but I had dozens of those, so he put me on pred and when the pain subsided, he was convinced, that Lupus was the culprit.
Hope this helped.

Debbie