PDA

View Full Version : Super sensitive front teeth!

Polly
05-27-2013, 06:01 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm still a newbie with SLE diagnosis recently. Has anyone experienced super sensitive front teeth? I am currently on Prednisone - weaning down VERY slowly from 60mg after my first ever flare that started beginning of February and led to my diagnosis 1 month ago. Down to 40mg Prednisone today.

Also I have been having chest pain for the last few weeks (to add to everything else!) It's worse laying flat on my back and feels like a heavy pressure on my sternum. My last rheumatologist appointment was 2 weeks past, and he did an ECG/EKG which showed my heart was fine. Seeing him again in another 2 weeks time, but the chest pain seems to be more constant than before. Anyone else have this?

Thanks in advance - it's so nice to have people to talk to about things! :)

debbie-b
05-27-2013, 07:08 PM
Hi Polly,

I also have sensitive teeth, but not just the front ones.
About the chest pain, I do have it, but its because I have Mitral Valve Prolapse and I don't have it all the time. Whenever my heart races like crazy, it causes chest pain, right now, because I am also on Prednisone ( Medrol), my heart races a lot and that causes pain, but it is not too bad.

Debbie

Mica
05-27-2013, 11:35 PM
Try sendodyne tooth paste, I swear by that stuff. I even got my sister onto it. Now I can eat ice cream!

Polly
05-29-2013, 10:29 AM
Thank you for your replies! Will try a sensitive toothpaste - not sure if I can get Sensodyne but will look for it at the shop. Never had sensitive teeth before - they have always been (luckily) strong with no problems. It seems to be hot and cold they react to at the moment.

Mica
05-29-2013, 11:20 AM
Thank you for your replies! Will try a sensitive toothpaste - not sure if I can get Sensodyne but will look for it at the shop. Never had sensitive teeth before - they have always been (luckily) strong with no problems. It seems to be hot and cold they react to at the moment.

I had the same problem but this keeps that from happening. You can find it in the toothpaste isle.

Jaynie
05-30-2013, 01:08 AM
Hi
My teeth are horribly sensitive, but I put it down to osteopaenia caused by the steroids over too many years. Maybe I'm wrong? No sensitive toothpaste seems to work enough to make a difference, but I use it anyway.

Jx