PDA

View Full Version : Loony as the day, I was born..

Moonshyne
05-26-2013, 06:20 AM
I haven't officially been diagnosed with lupus yet, but I am beginning to suspect that is what I have. I had early menopause at age 34. In addition, I have had Alopecia Areata, dry mouth, extreme fatigue, continual low blood pressure 90/56 90bpm for years (after having had 120/80 for most of my teenage and early 20s), sinus headaches, feverish-chills and feminine itching. I have been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. I generally have severe flare ups in the spring and fall as the weather changes, this not only effects my joint and bone pain, but my mental illness as well. In addition, I've had seasons with red eyes due to allergies that I never used to have including cats. I have had bouts of irritable bowel syndrome, since I was 7 and generally was a sickly child. However my muscle strength is great, but I require frequent stretching due to cramping. I look healthy on the outside, but some days I feel ancient. I figure sooner or later my adrenal gland or heart is going to fail. Since I have been diagnosed with RA, they put me on hydroxycholoquine (Plaquenil) which is also used to treat Lupus, I am on a low dosage, but find that I am continually getting ill when I take the medication. Prior to diagnosis I was treating my joint pain with high doses of Bayer aspirin. The autoimmune diseases from what I can tell seem to occur in the RH negative blood types more frequently. It has been 20 years of hell, just getting a diagnosis..., because truly I must be a hypochondriac.. lol...