PDA

View Full Version : Back on MTX, I am so happy.

debbie-b
05-15-2013, 11:05 AM
Most of you probably think, that I am nuts, to be happy, to be back on MTX. BUT it is the only thing that has ever helped me.
He finally agreed with me, that it will probably help to keep the Autoimmune Hepatitis in check, which will keep the liver enzymes in check. The high liver enzymes were the reason, I had to stop the MTX. Right now, four months without the MTX, my liver enzymes are between 180 and 220,
still.
That shows that the MTX, is not the reason for the high readings, but the Lupus attacking my liver.
He has me take Medrol steriods along with the MTX, it will cut down on the inflammation of the liver.
Did you guys know, that Prednisone gets turned into Medrol by the liver? He said that if the liver is not working right, it will not turned into Medrol and is pretty much worthless.

Hopefully it all works out, especially with my move to Texas coming up. I am sad about loosing my good rheumy, but I do have a good primary in Dallas, hopefully, he can recommend a good rheumy there.

Debbie

jmail
05-15-2013, 07:57 PM
Finally he agrees you. Treat the lupus. Good luck with it, and get to feeling better.

Saysusie
05-16-2013, 09:33 AM
Hi;
I am so glad that you are back on the MTX as it had been working for you. I did not know that Prednisone turns into Medrol in the liver!! Thanks for that bit of education.
I hope that the MTX works quickly and that you start feeling better soon!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

debbie-b
05-16-2013, 01:54 PM
Thank you guys.

Debbie