PDA

View Full Version : Cold Hands?

Janere
06-27-2006, 09:37 AM
Are cold hands a symptom? Sometimes my hands are so cold I can't write or type and my fingernails turn purple. My feet are always cold too. I'm waiting on blood work for a definitive diagnosis, but thought I would go ahead and ask. I have to sit on my hands to warm them up enough to type or write, or I go outside to get warm.

Thanks

SoleSinger
06-27-2006, 02:56 PM
Could ba a symptom of raynaud's phenomenon... Do your hands ever turn like ghostly white? Do you notice it more when you're stressed or when you are cold?

I notice that since I've been sick, I am cold more often, too... Not just my hands and feet from the Raynaud's, but my whole body... Either I am freezing or I am burning up.... No comfort zone anymore.... I think that Lupus makes you cold and the meds are what make me hot... LOL!

Let us know what the dr. says!

Runnette26
08-02-2006, 09:55 PM
oh yes, the cold hands and feet thing. I'm subject to that too and I was told it is Raynaud's Syndrome/phenomenon. I'm always cold. I'm preggers right now so i'm not experiencing it, but I don't look foward to returning to it. My middle finger (go figure) on the left hand has been affected by it. Well the nail bed and cuticle. It's extremely ridgy. It becomes thin and brittle. I tend to carry a pair of gloves w/me 90% of the time.

Bama
08-05-2006, 11:05 AM
I take Procardia extended release and it really seems to help with Raynaud's. I've tried Trental and Norvasc in the past, but Procardia seems to be the best for me.