PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

froger44
04-17-2013, 04:06 PM
I have been dealing with lupus symptoms for 3 yrs. 2 yrs ago my Immunologist diagnosed me with intermediate autoimmune disorder because my test all came back negative but have many symptoms. Today I went to a Rheumatologist for a second opinion. He pretty much said nothing was wrong with me but I needed to loose weight lol I could loose some weight but am by no means way over weight. Has anyone else had this happen? I wonder if he is just old school and wont treat till a positive result but he also told me that can take yrs to happen. I left my immunologist due to hard to get into and very long wait times and over an hr away from home but I think I will be going back to him at least he is willing to treat me.

Numpty
04-17-2013, 04:37 PM
Sorry you're having trouble getting any kind of proper diagnosis. I was diagnosed 5 years ago or so with Lupus but just this week they've taken that back and told me it's Fibromyalgia instead as all my bloods are always negative except the very first set I had done. Not that that always means much really but is very very frustrating.

Re weight, I've been told to lose weight as well and even though I know I have to for my health it's way easier said than done! I'm not massive but am no stick insect either and excercising leads to lots of pain for me so it's a vicious circle. I just wish they'd offer some more support for losing weight when it's for medical purposes instead of seemingly thinking it's easy peasy!

Hang in there ~hugs~ x

froger44
04-17-2013, 04:44 PM
I was told to do aerobic exercise and ride a bike everyday lol my knees and legs give me the most pain !!

Sammy
04-17-2013, 07:03 PM
Looking back over the years i believe i was having Lupus symtoms for a very long time before i was diagnosed. I was having regular blood tests but maybe not specific ones. Have they investigated you for Fibromyalgia?..
Maybe you should see someone else as you are symptomatic.

Sam xx

froger44
04-17-2013, 08:47 PM
Negative for Fibromyalgia....I'm going back to my Immunologist he will treat for autoimmune.