PDA

View Full Version : hello again

Koilover512
04-10-2013, 05:22 PM
So, I had another rheumy appointment today. Just the normal check up. The last month I have been starting to get random joint pain. Nothing too severe. Just like my thumb will swell and hurt or my knees. God I hate my knees. I think there is nothing worse than when your knees start to swell. It hurts and you don't want to do anything because it hurts to get up. Anyway, I was telling my rheumy about this and she started me on Meloxicam 7.5. I am to take it twice a day for two weeks and then take it is needed. She is worried that I may be trying to go into a flare. The meds are suppose to help it. I took my first pill today at dinner and well.... I feel kind of well.......... buzzed....... I guess this will help with the pain. I can't wait until I take this in the morning. Work is going to be awesome!

Koilover512
04-11-2013, 05:35 AM
So not feeling so great this morning. The way I compare myself is to is a puking zombie. I am soooo out of it. I am assuming this is a medication that my body just has to get use to. The rheumy should be calling me today to inform me of my updated blood work and see how I am feeling on the meds. I hope everything will get better from here.

tgal
04-12-2013, 11:03 AM
Sorry the meds are making you feel so bad! It is good to see you again though. Please keep us updated on how things go

debbie-b
04-12-2013, 01:25 PM
Sorry, the meds are making you feel worse.
I know how you feel, my rheumy prescriped Hydocodone for me, I thought I would finally get some pain relief, NOT, I started itching, I felt weird, kind of out of it. I took two doses in two days and never touched it again.
At the next rheumy visit, he gave me a prescription for Tramadol. I took one pill and felt nothing, no pain relief. The next day he told me to take two pills, well with two pills, I started itching again and felt whoozy, whoozy not in a good way. So I had to stop taking those too.
The only thing, that ever helped me, is Prednisone or/ and MTX. The MTX I had to stop, because of my liver and the Pred., my rheumy will only give to me as a last resort and only for 2 weeks.
I am only allowed to take a Mobic ( Anti inflammatory) and Flexeril ( mucle relaxer), only once in a while, to not further stress my liver.

Debbie

Koilover512
04-13-2013, 07:42 PM
My rheumatoid has suggested puting me on prednisone just to help give me a boost. I refuse to take prednisone for my AI. I have already been down that road and gaining 30 pounds in six months from water weight usually isn't a good thing. Not including all the other issues from taking it. I think I will only take prednisone again if I have to. I actually know I will have to be forced to take it. I am starting to get use to the mobic though. I hope it does the trick and keeps me from going into a flare.

Koilover512
04-15-2013, 05:10 PM
sorry i mean rheumy my apple autocorrected it. lol