PDA

View Full Version : Methotrexate Injection happiness!

ashleybaby715
04-07-2013, 05:38 PM
I never thought I would be so happy to stab myself in the belly with a needle, but my goodness I feel SO much better now that i've switched from oral to injection!

I used to get SO sick to the point where sometimes I wouldn't make it to the bathroom in time and I would just throwup where ever I was. I haven't had any issues at all so far with the injections for the exception of little marks on my belly where I do the injection.
I'm just so happy. I wanted to share it with everyone!

BonusMom
04-07-2013, 06:19 PM
Happy dance for you, Ash! I'm so glad that you have found the injections much easier to tolerate.

I'm assuming everything turned out ok with the oral surgeon and your mouth has healed....

SleepyInSeattle
04-07-2013, 07:35 PM
This is a silly question, but do the injections hurt? I don't have any real problems with the oral, but at my last appointment, my doc suggested that maybe the injections would be even more effective. I am kind of afraid of them because of pain, possibility of infections, etc....any advice?

Mica
04-07-2013, 09:52 PM
I don't give myself injections of metthotextrate but I do other meds in the belly and it doesn't hurt at all.

ashleybaby715
04-07-2013, 10:21 PM
This is a silly question, but do the injections hurt? I don't have any real problems with the oral, but at my last appointment, my doc suggested that maybe the injections would be even more effective. I am kind of afraid of them because of pain, possibility of infections, etc....any advice?

They don't hurt at all! It's just the mental kinda thing, like being able to stab yourself. Once you get over that, you'll be fine!

ashleybaby715
04-07-2013, 10:21 PM
Happy dance for you, Ash! I'm so glad that you have found the injections much easier to tolerate.

I'm assuming everything turned out ok with the oral surgeon and your mouth has healed....

YES! It took quite some time, but everything is perfectly fine now:)

debbie-b
04-08-2013, 03:56 AM
It was the same for me, the shots are so much better to tolerate.
I injected myself in the thigh, because I didn't like the idea of stabbing myself in the belly. And no, it doesn't hurt.

Debbie

Kjell
04-15-2013, 02:14 PM
Do you think the injection just work better over all? I'm on Imuran ( 2 months) feeling no improvement and was thinking of asking about the mtx? Since most meds upset my stomach, was thinking about asking for the shots right off the bat? Do the make you start with oral?