PDA

View Full Version : anyone gone off klonopin.

Pat H
04-01-2013, 07:16 PM
I was having heart attach symptons.I saw several specialest,and finally a pulmonoligest took me off klonopin.I went off klonopin 7 months ago after a 6 wk taper. Withdrawls, if thats what they are? have been mainly a feeling of right side neck pain throat and head preassure,jaw tension, the list goes on. I've read on line these symptoms can last up to 18 mo., if that's what they are. I saw a neurologist today that tells me that all this is caused by anxiety and wants me to start taking effexor.What to do????

BonusMom
04-01-2013, 10:16 PM
I took Klonopin for Restless Leg Syndrome. Due to the long half-life of the medication, I was struggling to wake up in the morning in time for work. So, I tapered off of it.

For me, there isn't any other meds that's as effective as RLS, but since I'm now sleeping by myself, I don't have to worry about waking my hubby up, although I frequently wake myself up in the morning due to RLS.

Stevie Nicks had a well documented battle getting off Klonopin. She was recent featured on the OWN channel and spoke of her addiction. A true eye-opener.

Effexor was an effective medication (for me) for depression. I hope it works well for you.

Pat H
04-02-2013, 11:29 AM
Thanks for your reply. I was on 2mg for 10 years.I was put on klonopin for sleep buy my rheumy.One of my many other symptons is RLS.I read the info on Steve Nicks which led me to a website called benzo buddies.I was hoping to hear from a lupus friend for validation on my lenghtly withdrawal symptons. I'm still going through withdrawels from the klonopin which I've read online could last up to 18 months or I have anxiety which a neurologist wants to treat with effexor.I hate to start another med that could have bad side effects or bad withdrawals. So I really need your comments