PDA

View Full Version : Cytoxan & Rituxan therapy

missnickyv
03-21-2013, 09:12 AM
Hello everyone! I've had SLE for 7 years now and the first 3 years of my diagnosis went through chemotherapy treatment. At the time, Ritxan was just beginning to be used on Lupus patients so I decided to take part in a study for Rituxan/Cytoxan combination. The therapy worked beautifully and I haven't had any flares since. I was just wondering if there is anyone who received the same treatment and how things are going. Thanks!

debbie-b
03-21-2013, 01:48 PM
Good for you, I am so glad it has worked for you.
I have not received this treatment myself, but I wouldn't mind trying it.

Debbie

missnickyv
03-21-2013, 02:23 PM
What treatments are you on right now? if you dont mind me asking =)

debbie-b
03-21-2013, 03:44 PM
What treatments are you on right now? if you dont mind me asking =)

I don't mind at all.
My story is just a little complicated right now.
I was on Plaquenil and MTX, but had to stop, because my liver enzymes went very high. Now that I have been off the MTX for over two months, my enzymes are still high. We know why they are high, I also have autoimmune hepatitis, which means, the Lupus is attacking my liver. Because of that, I have been on very little meds, just Mobic ( anti inflammatory) and Flexeril ( muscle relaxer) and even those, only when I am in alot of pain. The rheumy doesn't want to further stress the liver.
I have also been diagnosed with a Parathyroid tumor ( no cancer) and I am going to see the Endocrinologist on April 5.
My diagnosis is Lupus SLE, RA and Sjogrens.
I am hoping after the tumor is taken care off, that I can start some meds, that will actually help me.
It is getting harder to handle this daily pain.

Debbie

missnickyv
03-21-2013, 04:40 PM
I'm sorry to hear about the pain. I see that you are from new york. If you want to consider the rituxan/cytoxan combo in the future, i went to Dr. Lehman at Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC and he's the greatest =)

debbie-b
03-22-2013, 04:31 AM
I'm sorry to hear about the pain. I see that you are from new york. If you want to consider the rituxan/cytoxan combo in the future, i went to Dr. Lehman at Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC and he's the greatest =)

Thank you for the suggestion, but I live in Rochester NY, it's a 7 hour drive to NYC. But I am sure, that I can ask my Rheumy about it.

Debbie

tgal
03-22-2013, 06:28 AM
I just want to remind you that you are loved

missnickyv
03-22-2013, 11:48 AM
I just want to remind you that you are loved

awww thanks <3