PDA

View Full Version : One major test down, one more to go

Nonna
03-15-2013, 01:36 PM
Had my CT angiogram this morning, of course they had loads of trouble starting the IV with my needle shy veins. They ended up using an ultra sound machine to find a vein. The docs should hopefully have the results by Monday they said. I won't hold my breathe. Wednesday I go for a breathing test. I think it measures oxygen levels. Found out today that menthol cough drops aren't good for acid reflex. Dang I've been living on them. Who knew???

Want to laugh, my Parkinson's is more active because I have to use an inhaler. I'm really staining a lot of tops with food stains that aren't coming out. I'll need a whole new wardrobe before this is over.

Well, I am surviving with pulled muscles and leaky bladder and all the mess that goes with constant coughing. My voice is rapidly disappearing and I've had to stop singing. Think of me and I'll update again next week after I know more.

debbie-b
03-16-2013, 06:57 AM
Sure hope, things will get better for you. Cross my fingers, that all your tests will be ok.

Debbie

tgal
03-16-2013, 11:03 AM
You know I think of you every day! Keep me posted!

jmail
03-16-2013, 01:15 PM
Thinking 'boutcha Nonna. Maybe the breathing function test will help them decide to change your inhaler, and then maybe the Parkinson's will calm down... btw, I don't need parkinson's to stain shirts... I'm just a natural-born clutz... lol

BonusMom
03-16-2013, 05:04 PM
Sorry you're having all these difficulties, Nonna.

I hope the remaining test is uneventful and goes smoothly.

steve.b
03-17-2013, 03:37 AM
(((hugs)))

lucky7
03-18-2013, 11:46 AM
AWWWWW, Nonna SO SORRY. THINKING of YOU!

Nonna
03-19-2013, 06:53 PM
Got a call from the nurse, the good news is that I don't have a pulmonary embolism. Bad news is I have a hiatal hernia. Treat to be discussed at a later date. Tomorrow is the breathing function test. My mind finger co-ordination is getting worse and that scares me. Am I losing my mind, I feel like I've totally lost control of my body.

Probably just the major stress that I'm under. Too too many worries. A few more months and I'll be retired done with stressful work. Happy days to come!!!!!!!!!!!