PDA

View Full Version : Crafts and other things.

Mica
02-21-2013, 06:44 PM
So since the picture sharing is not working right now I set up a blog for ya'll to see some of my crafts. Mostly what I made for christmas, especially the beaded Christmas tree that took me forever to finish. So I have 2 one that I already had but never really use and another I used once and don't remember ever using it. I don't know which one will let you view the photos without having to set up a profile so i'm giving you 2 links and I would much appreciate if you guys could tell me which one works better for ya'll
http://lupusladydiaries.blogspot.com/ -this one I am pretty sure you can see it without having a profile.
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/lupified -this one has more stuff on it

Also I finally got my letter saying the amount that I will be getting back from my disability. I'm so relieved and very happy because i'm getting more than I ever expected. Now I can get at least financially back on track.

Also speaking of blogs I forgot my twin sister has one and I was trolling on hers and found a post that broke my heart a little. I remember this conversation it's not exactly what was said and I was a bit in a bad place but here is what she wrote.

My Sister

Has taken a recent interest in Astronomy. She told me “I want to see a total eclipse before I d-.. In my lifetime.”

That won’t be for another twelve years. “I hope I can live for 12 years.”

And then it hit me. She’s dying. My sister is going to be dead before the next total solar eclipse in Texas.

“Haley’s Comet will be visible in 40 years. You will be 60, Arian. You could see Haley’s Comet.”

Not “we”. Being twins, “we” would be 60 years old. But that won’t ever happen. I can’t believe it took me 5 years to realize that.

I can’t believe how self-absorbed I have been.

Granted I think I over exaggerated a bit I think but I didn't know she that it affected her like this. I have always been truthful and blunt about my disease but she was always disconnected with my life and the lupus. I think because it was hard enough and she was frankly she was a nightmare when we were teenagers so I never told her much about the lupus. I know when my grandmother died it hit her hard, she wasn't sad about my grandmother she was more sad about that death just got real for her. I told her what I wanted when I died because she is probably going to be the one to deal with it and she completely freaked out. To me im okay with the thought of death and all that so I didn't know how scared she was until I just read this post from her blog.

Sorry this is all random and you don't have to go look at those links or anything I just wanted to share with my WHL friends.

ItsLupus2007
02-22-2013, 08:15 AM
Ok I just FTL and the first one worked but the second you have to sign up so it wouldn't let me view.

I LOVED that bench.

And I just have to say that OMG!THE TREE!!!!How in the WORLD did you do that!It's beautiful...seriously beautiful.I have a friend who does beading and makes all kinds of stuff.She SWEARS its "relaxing" as it's repetitive.I refuse to believe that as I am trying to learn to knit and often want to find the naughty corner for the things I contemplate while I am doing it and mess up.

I often think of the needles as weapons and stab the yarn :).I believe I am too volatile to be a crafter.I believe beading might make me nutty.So I have to give Kudos to those who do it and do it well.

You do it well.It really beautiful.

I am glad that you got your disability amount and it relieved your mind.

About your sister's blog.I understand how you feel.It's normal.Being sick really sucks.BIG TIME. ((HUG)).

Be well

Mica
02-22-2013, 01:19 PM
Ok I just FTL and the first one worked but the second you have to sign up so it wouldn't let me view.

I LOVED that bench.

And I just have to say that OMG!THE TREE!!!!How in the WORLD did you do that!It's beautiful...seriously beautiful.I have a friend who does beading and makes all kinds of stuff.She SWEARS its "relaxing" as it's repetitive.I refuse to believe that as I am trying to learn to knit and often want to find the naughty corner for the things I contemplate while I am doing it and mess up.

I often think of the needles as weapons and stab the yarn :).I believe I am too volatile to be a crafter.I believe beading might make me nutty.So I have to give Kudos to those who do it and do it well.

You do it well.It really beautiful.

I am glad that you got your disability amount and it relieved your mind.

About your sister's blog.I understand how you feel.It's normal.Being sick really sucks.BIG TIME. ((HUG)).

Be well

Your needles are the exact reason why I don't have sharp objects, I get frustrated easily with my crafts. Thats the main reason why I don't needle point or crochet anymore. Thank you for for your complements basically I used a lot of floral wire, beads, and trial and error. I find jewelry making pretty relaxing. Also what does FTL mean?

ItsLupus2007
02-22-2013, 04:15 PM
followed the link

Relaxing---there's that word again---I cannot believe it no matter how many times I hear it!! LOL!!!

Mica
02-22-2013, 11:25 PM
followed the link

Relaxing---there's that word again---I cannot believe it no matter how many times I hear it!! LOL!!!

Yes it's relaxing well to me. Hey don't knock it until you try it. I had to find something to keep me busy after I got lupus and just kind of picked up a small kit from walmart and it exploded from there.