PDA

View Full Version : fevers

Jude
06-20-2006, 03:45 PM
In your experiences, are the fevers that are associated with lupus accompanied by any other symptoms of infection, like swollen lymph nodes?

I've had a number of episodes of fever without any other symptoms besides the chronic run-down feeling.

Sorry for the repeat... the more I learn about lupus, the more of these weird symptoms I'm wondering might be explained by lupus.
Jude

pinkjmf
06-20-2006, 05:07 PM
I get low grade fevers alot.I never understood why,but after the diagnosis of lupus and all the books I've read I understand now. I don't get cold symptoms or coughing,Just a fever.Sometimes before a flare up I have a fever ,but my body hurts and aches so I can usually tell the difference.

kelibeli
06-20-2006, 05:49 PM
I have been running a low grade fever on and off for a while. I don't have cold symptoms either or swollen glands that I can tell. Just the fever. It generally runs between 100 and 101. It comes and goes as it pleases. I have noticed that I am significantly more tired when I am running a fever as well.

ButterflyRN
06-21-2006, 05:15 AM
When they were trying to diagnose my lupus when I was younger I kept going through mono tests and had a bone marrow to check for childhood leukemia (all results turned out negative) because I kept having recurrent low grade fevers, swollen lymph nodes, swollen eyes (they would swell shut) and I had extreme fatigue. It all soon came together and when I had to be hospitalized between the blood work and then finally the butterfly rash when they opened up the curtains and the sun hit me, my diagnosis was made clear.

Missy
06-22-2006, 11:41 AM
They always ask me at the Rheumy office if I've had any fevers. It's definitely one more symptom of lupus. Fortunately, I don't get them, but my sister does.