PDA

View Full Version : Fuzz brained and frustrated.

Suzanne
02-17-2013, 08:27 PM
Does anyone get fuzzy brained? Forgetful, depressed, lack of concentration and focus? How do you deal with it? Any good tips? I've been trying to remember to buy a bra for three weeks, and I work in a department store!!!!!! Among other things of course, this just happens to be the most amusing example of my scatterbrainedness. Anyone find anything that induces a bit of clarity, ginko, ginseng?

steve.b
02-17-2013, 09:12 PM
suzanne, yes brainfog, is common.
the following thread may be of interest to you.

http://forum.wehavelupus.com/showthread.php?7214-You-Know-You-Have-Brain-Fog-When&highlight=brainfog

debbie-b
02-18-2013, 04:56 AM
I am always going through brain fog phases, I am in one right now. Sometimes they last for weeks, sometimes just days. If there is anything that you can take, I don't know, but mine gets worse when I am in a flare and gets better, when the flare is over.

Debbie

jmail
02-18-2013, 11:42 AM
Ah yeshh... brain fog - get it all the time... what were we talkin' 'bout?...

BonusMom
02-18-2013, 04:24 PM
Besides the dryness of Sjogren's, I find brain fog my most troubling symptom. I though it might've been due to peri-menopause or Dopomax (Topomax) that I took for complicated migraines. Brain fog was so bad that I stopped the Topomax.

As to helpful hints, I take a lot of notes. Problem was when I went to retrieve my notes, I would forget where I put them! Yes, I had several places where I kept them. Well, I learned to keep a steno pad where I write the date and tasks to be completed, or important tidbits. ONE notebook, not several as I had been doing.

As to personal stuff, I have found my iPhone to be very effective. I put random lists in the "note" section, groceries, errands, songs I want to download or movies I want to watch. If it's a bill that needs to be paid, I create a recurring entry in the calendar with an alert two days prior to the due date with a reminder the day of.

Of course, when I've forgotten to do something or can't locate an item, it causes me a lot of stress and I beat myself up--which makes it worse...ah, the life of a lupie!

Get enough rest, exercise when you can and try to find the humor in the situation (like not remembering to purchase a bra).