PDA

View Full Version : Tummy trouble?

Jude
06-20-2006, 03:18 PM
Hi, ya'll
I'm recently diagnoised, and trying to sort out which of a myrid of vague symptoms might be associated with lupus.

Recently, I went through about a month of diarrhea that didn't seem to have any other gastrointestinal symptoms.

I seem to remember that diarrhea is a symptom. Has anyone else had this unpleasent trouble?

:onfire:

Saysusie
06-21-2006, 11:24 AM
Jude;
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is a common symptom of Lupus and many of us suffer from it. Some people with IBS have constipation (difficult or infrequent bowel movements); others have diarrhea (frequent loose stools, often with an urgent need to move the bowels); and some people experience both. Sometimes, the person with IBS has a crampy urge to move the bowels but cannot do so.
The cause of IBS is not known, and as yet there is no cure. Doctors call it a functional disorder because there is no sign of disease when the colon is examined.
There are many sites on the internet concerning IBS: symptoms, treatments and causes. If you think that you may be suffering from this, talk to your doctor.

Peace and BLessings
Saysusie

Missy
06-22-2006, 11:40 AM
Yup - have IBS kind of symptoms. Just when I think I've figured out a rhyme or reason, it throws me off. I take fiber tabs every day, though. Doc said it's good no matter which problem your having as it helps "regulate things"

Gotta love it.....