PDA

View Full Version : A Newbie Here!

marmck
02-14-2013, 04:52 AM
Hello! I was just diagnosed with Lupus after being diagnosed with RA in 2008. My Rheumy is trying to decide if I have both or if it has been Lupus all along. I have been on Orencia infusions and Methotrexate for the past 3 years. Rheumy would like to stop the Orencia and start me on Rituxan infusions (says there are good results for both RA and Lupus) and she is putting me back on Plaquenil (along with keeping me on the Methotrexate). The past few months have been a huge struggle for me and I knew mopre than RA was going on....hoping this new cocktail will do the trick. I have lots of faith in my Rheumy (she also takes care of my husband who has Ankylosing Spondilitis).

That's all for now, need to get ready for work. Have a great Valentine's Day everyone!

ItsLupus2007
02-14-2013, 11:13 AM
Hi and Welcome!

I hope that you have good results with your new medication combo and things ease up for you with your new cocktail :)

Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours also!!

jmail
02-15-2013, 02:56 PM
Hi marmck, welcome to WHL. I was initially diagnosed with RA in 1992 (+/-), and then SLE in 2012 (with a myriad of other ai stuff in between and since). The rheumy says it's probably been lupus all along, just undiagnosed and untreated. It's not unusual from what I've read. I still do not show signs of "damage" in my hands from RA. Best of luck with the new med mix. If that doesn't work, your doc will try something else. Just keep after it.

tgal
02-16-2013, 08:27 AM
Hi and welcome to WHL! I hope the new diagnosis and meds help you to start feeling better.

Please make yourself at home. We are glad to have you as part of our WHL family