PDA

View Full Version : Lung trouble?

Davi
02-11-2013, 06:05 PM
Hi,

Been feeling a pain deep inside my ribcage, and it's progressed to where it is preventing me from breathing deeply. It's just on the left side. Started a while back, and I thought it was maybe a muscle pull from doing body twists in yoga. But now, I am feeling something more like asthma attacks I had as a child.

I know, I know....I am calling my Rheumy tmw. Just curious if anyone has this too, since this is something "new".

Always something new with this interesting SLE.

:)

SleepyInSeattle
02-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Costochondritis is pretty common with Lupus, and pleurisy can be too. Definitely get it checked out...

I have had something similar many times over the years, but I haven't had it since being diagnosed and treated for the Lupus. Seems like every time I had it before, it would just get bad enough (or last long enough) to where I'd overcome my doctor-avoidance-syndrome and make an appointment, and then it'd go away....usually took about a month.

If I got it again now that I have the diagnosis, though, I'd definitely go in right away. It's important to track that stuff and treat it early before it gets out of control (not that it necessarily will).

Hope that helps some...

Davi
02-12-2013, 10:37 AM
Thanks, made an appointment for tomorrow so we shall see! :)

ItsLupus2007
02-12-2013, 03:13 PM
I vote for Costo also-if it is anti-inflammatories will provide the most relief and holding a pillow tightly to your chest when you cough.

good luck at appt.

Davi
02-15-2013, 05:29 PM
All checked, organs are fine! Apparently it's strained intercostal muscles in the ribcage. Thanks for your responses, it is hard to know what is from Lupus and what is not. :)

tgal
02-16-2013, 08:18 AM
Great news! Thanks for sharing!