PDA

View Full Version : Can I make it to til my appt?

Angieallen
02-09-2013, 10:54 AM
Worse everyday...I feel so useless. I have a hubby and children and I'm getting where I can hardly walk.my body is hurting all over and all I do is lay around. The psoriasis on my scalp is worse and wods of hair is coming out. My bladder will not stop leaking. Now my ear is starting to get the flakes I'm it.i wish the rheumy would have a cancellation and fit me in sooner.

ItsLupus2007
02-09-2013, 01:06 PM
I read your other thread and your appt is on the 19th?Of this month?

Honestly(I'm not a dr)but if you are having loss of bowel/bladder this issue needs to be seen to.You may consider going to the ER or urgent care and see if although you do not have a diagnosis for them to work from there is any help that they can offer you to at least make your quality of life better til your appt.

I have no experience with psoriasis other than reading and am not familiar with all it can do,complications,etc but if you are seriously weak,in pain,losing wads of hair and are having issues with controlling your bladder then I would receommend seeking treatment.I would do this myself if I were in your position.Like I said you are likely to not get a diagnosis but you can let them know you have a rheumy appt on the 19th but are so miserable you are just looking for help until you can get in there.

Then call the rheumy office Mon and let them know you had to seek urgent/ER care over the weekend,are worsening and is there any way at all they can get you in sooner as you are really really struggling/call the referring dr too and see if they can call and throw their weight in with your plea or maybe see you for followup to the ER/urgent care.

But if it were me and I were describing those symptoms I can tell you if I called my rheumy on his cell he would either A:meet me at his office or at the ER.Loss of bladder needs to be checked and can often indicate serious issue as does being so weak that you cannot walk.You may have electrolyte issues and that WILL make you feel bad horribly bad.

I am NOT trying to frighten you.I am just saying if I were in your position I would be trying to find some care/relief to help get me thru the weekend and if unable to get into the dr early until the appt.If your rheumy has hospital privileges where you go they can be contacted or they might have one on call or working today.If they have hosp privileges then they can be called in they may not want to come in as you havent been seen yet but may request testing and tell his staff to work you in.

Hope you feel better and get some relief.

Angieallen
02-09-2013, 01:20 PM
Thank you! Yes I feel the same. Something worse pops up everyday and I don't feel that I should wait any longer. I need to be a wife and mother. Hopefully I can soon get the answers I need. This forum helps me have hope. I've been wanting answers for years and always thought that one thing has got to be causing my problems.thank you again! I will try to get in the urgent care.

ItsLupus2007
02-09-2013, 01:46 PM
You are Welcome.

Don't go in there saying "I think I have Lupus" tell them you have a Psoriasis history and due to other issues have been referred to a Rheumy for evaluation on the 19th. Let them know you are just miserable and are trying to just make it through to your appt without body parts littering the ground behind you :). I hope they are able to offer some help and keep you comfortable.

This time of the year it is quite possible that you have managed to pick up a bug especially since you have a child and if they have any other access to other children via school/daycare they are just small walking petri dishes. God knows they have to touch every single thing on the planet,put their finger up their nose,in their mouth immediately after and then touch every available surface within a 50 mile radius.

And no they never grow out of this behavior.

Angieallen
02-09-2013, 02:39 PM
That's for sure! Thank you again:)

Angieallen
02-10-2013, 07:18 PM
Went to the urgent care. They gave me a cortisone shot in my hip and pain meds. Told them about my appointment and my psoriasis. They wanted me to get a shampoo for 300.00... I'm waiting before getting it.

Angieallen
02-18-2013, 11:06 AM
Appointment tomorrow and boy it couldn't get here soon enough! Prayers greatly appreciated.

tupelohoney
02-28-2013, 06:51 PM
Hope everything went well with your appointment. You sounded so sick. Did you find out anything? I hope you are feeling better!