PDA

View Full Version : Sick

Angieallen
02-08-2013, 09:20 PM
Please help! I'm pretty sure that I have lupus. I have a family history. I've had the red across the nose and cheeks since I was young and I'm now 32. Lots of female problems and bladder. Always had joint problems,but over a month ago a lot of joint started hurting at once.i have an appt with the rheumatologist this month but don't know if I can make it.. It's harder to stand and walk everyday. Any words of advice?

ButterflyRN
02-09-2013, 06:45 AM
I replied to you very long reply and it didn't take ! I will post again soon when I have the time! Hope you are having a good day!

jmail
02-09-2013, 02:13 PM
Hi there Angieallen, and welcome to WHL. Cruise around the site a bit, read the sticky threads at the top of the sections, read some posts from other folks, etc. AI issues can mimic all sorts of other sickness, and there's all sorts of AI diseases, none of them easy to deal with, so be sure you read the sticky that lists all of them. It helps to educate yourself. Just don't get the wagon out in front of the horse and diagnose yourself sicker than you are.

If you're able to tolerate ibuprofen or similar, and your doc(s) have cleared you for such, you might try that, and see if reducing inflammation in your body helps with the pain and "crickety-ness" of the joints/muscles. You could also call the nurse's line at the doc's office, and see what they think. In the meantime, be sure you write down all your symptoms, and time frames involved in their appearances if you can. If you have any old films and/or lab work, try to gather those up and take them with you to your appointment. If you have one of those smart phones, take it in with you, and take notes on it when the doc talks to you, so that you can remember things later. Be sure and ask the doc for clarification on points you don't understand.

Folks here understand about the not knowing aspect of the process of diagnosis, so vent your frustrations here if you want to.

btw Angie, you can put all your thoughts, like the three threads you started in this section, all into one thread, since they're all related subjects, and folks can pick the parts they can answer you on. That way, it's all together in one place for easier reference for you. Most of us on here have what they call "overlapping" or "secondary" autoimmune issues, and understand that aspect of what you're going through too.

Angieallen
02-09-2013, 02:42 PM
Thank you so much! Aspirin tends to upset my stomach because I have gi problems also.i will definitely make a list.thanks again!

Angieallen
02-09-2013, 03:45 PM
Any good tips on my scaly skin in my ear? I tried holding a warm cloth in it.