PDA

View Full Version : Lupus and Adderall Just a thought

Kjell
02-08-2013, 08:56 AM
I've just been diagnosed with Lupus but I had a thought.. Has anyone tried Addreall to combat the fatigue and brain fog? I've been on it for 6 years. I had to come off for the last few months for my Endocrine Dr to run some tests. (At first they thought I had Carcinoid Syndrome and it would interfere with the testing) I've noticed a huge increase in brain fog and fatigue since I've been off. I see the Doctor today and I'm going to ask about restarting the Addreall. My husband isn't real happy about me taking it, he thinks it will just mask my symptoms.. But hey, I'm all for any reprieve I can get. Any thoughts?

steve.b
02-09-2013, 06:40 AM
no i have not used it.......
but it does make sence.
this mediation effects the area of the brain that responsible for your reasonning .....

ButterflyRN
02-09-2013, 06:40 AM
Don't know but interesting question. Can't wait to hear your doctor's thoughts on that

Kjell
02-11-2013, 08:19 AM
Well I asked my Dr (with my husband sitting right with me) about restarting the Addreall and it's fine. He actually said, if it makes you feel better I have no problems with that. I normally take 25mg daily but restarted at 5mg 2 days ago. Addreall doesn't need time to build up in your system. So I could tell right away, that even at 5mg, (very small dose) some brain fog was lifted. I'm going to stay on 5 for the time being along with the plaquinil and Vit D. I'm not low actually on Vit D, my level was 33, which isn't to bad. But while at the clinic , I meet 2 ladies who had been tested for Lupus due to their symptoms, only to find out they were Vit D low. So, it must have a big effect on how everyone feels!! I'm telling all my friends and family about that, because we live in the mid west. Snow and grey sky most winter. Good luck everyone.

jmail
02-12-2013, 03:17 PM
Proper vit D levels help with absorption and/or utilization of meds & minerals, too. However, def a doc-monitored supplement.