PDA

View Full Version : New

SNR
02-07-2013, 12:14 PM
Hi everyone! I'm new on here.

jmail
02-07-2013, 05:51 PM
Hi there SNR and "welcome to WHL". Look around the site, read the "sticky" threads at the top of most sections here, browse other post from other members, do a "search" on topics of interest, etc., but please, tell us a bit about yourself. Tell us about your docs, and any meds they're prescribing for attempts at control.

My name is Rick, I was "officially" diagnosed with lupus just last summer by a rheumatologist, but my hematologist said I had it 3 years ago when I first went to him. He said I'd probably had it for years. I've got all sorts of "secondary" this that and the other, like most SLE patients do. I take plaquenil @ 400 a day, and currently on prednisone @ 10 a day. I take various other meds.

steve.b
02-08-2013, 12:52 AM
hi snr,
please tell us a little about yourself.

ItsLupus2007
02-08-2013, 08:33 AM
Hi and Welcome!

SNR
02-08-2013, 10:04 AM
Well I was diagnosed with SLE about 6months after I started having symptoms. That was almost 3 years ago. I take Plaquenil, Wellbutrin, naproxen, & a variety of other meds. I recently tapered off Prednisone because I decided to take Imuran instead of Methotrexate. I am SUPER excited that i have found you guys!!! I have a great support team at work & at home but i feel that they still have trouble understanding how hard it is to battle this dreadful disease everyday! I posted about how depressed I have been feeling lately & you guys were so kind to reply to try to help me. I appreciate it & hope I can be there for you guys as well!!

jmail
02-08-2013, 03:34 PM
This is a "neato" place. It's great just to be able to vent to folks who understand the situations you have to deal with. I'll be starting on Imuran also sometime soon, soon as they figure out what the deal is with my last couple of labs and do my neuro appointment, which has been moved to the 15th now.

steve.b recently updated the "Spoon Theory" thread (http://forum.wehavelupus.com/showthread.php?12099-The-spoon-theory), so check that out. It has helped folks communicate with their peers and/or family, and helped them understand the lupie's POV.

tgal
02-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Hi there and welcome to the family! We are so glad that you found us. It is nice to have a place where we can talk/vent/cry/discuss with people that understand what we are going through.

Please make yourself at home and I am looking forward to getting to know you!

Leaniebean
02-12-2013, 08:53 PM
Hey another Newbie..... I am glad I have found this site, it's amazing to me that they say no one Lupus case is alike but in an odd way we are all connected with the emotions we have to deal with that others around us don't understand. I will probably be on this site daily. It's good you have your coworkers as support I won't even tell my coworkers, I am trying to learn how to confide in others I hope to learn that from this site