PDA

View Full Version : Confused

Hurricane Betsy
02-05-2013, 05:21 AM
Hello,
Last night the doctor called bc my blood work came back positive for Lupus. It is also the second time it came back positive for Lyme Disease as well? My hands hurt so bad in the morning they are like claws. The DNA was 25. Is that high? I have to take pain meds before I can even move out of bed. I had a spinal fusion three months ago and this problem has surfaced since then. I am really at a loss. This is a lot to deal with and I'm not sure what Lupus entails.
Thank you

jmail
02-05-2013, 02:27 PM
Hi Hurricane Betsy, wanted to say "Hi! Welcome to WHL" more than anything, since my memory of tests and levels is off its rocker - the rocker is missing a rail anyway - and I'd have to research, which hurts my head anymore... However, someone who knows all that will come along, and either be able to enlighten you on the tests, or point you at a site that can. As for a bone fusing in the back, that in and of itself can cause a "reaction" (including inflammation), due to the new "material" from the bone donor, not to mention the stress of the operation etc. What meds are you on, if any, and what doses? Is your back fuse from arthritic damage, or from physical injury? Are you doing, or have you done physical therapy as part of your back surgery recovery? Lupus ain't no joy ride fer certain, but neither is back surgery and recovery...

ItsLupus2007
02-05-2013, 03:06 PM
Hi and Welcome Betsy!

I too would like to know what meds you are on(not pain)if you dont mind sharing as some medications can cause DIL(Drug induced Lupus)That may or may not be a factor in this situation(I am mainly curious-as I am not a dr and sadly dont even get to play one on TV *BOO* LOL! but if you have tested positive for Lyme I am just assuming you are/have been on treatment for that?

As for the DNA test-each lab has its own value and yours should be on your paperwork.

Again Welcome

Hurricane Betsy
02-06-2013, 06:57 PM
Hi and Welcome Betsy!

I too would like to know what meds you are on(not pain)if you dont mind sharing as some medications can cause DIL(Drug induced Lupus)That may or may not be a factor in this situation(I am mainly curious-as I am not a dr and sadly dont even get to play one on TV *BOO* LOL! but if you have tested positive for Lyme I am just assuming you are/have been on treatment for that?

As for the DNA test-each lab has its own value and yours should be on your paperwork.

Again Welcome

Thank you for the welcomes!
I am taking Lexapro and Wellbutrin for anxiety and Nuerontin for nerve pain. I have been taking these for over two years. I have not been treated for
Lyme disease as we aren't sure yet that the Lupus may be skewing my test results?