PDA

View Full Version : Hello...

christie333
02-02-2013, 08:33 PM
Hello, I just joined because I need to reach out to the Cutaneous Lupus community about a question I have. I will post it in the general posts (if I can find it;) but I just wanted to say "hello". I was diagnosed with Cutaneous (Discoid) Lupus in 2004. I don't get the traditional butterfly rash and think mine is relatively mild compared to some of the cases I've seen. I have a little scarring due to itching and scabbing from lesions. I heal very slowly and assume that is due to my Lupus.

I just moved from Florida to NYC so I'm hoping my skin improves now that I'm not living on the surface of the sun! Take care and I look forward to some good information. Christie

debbie-b
02-03-2013, 07:33 AM
Hi Christie,

Welcome to WHL.
I don't know much about Discoid Lupus, but matbe you can tell us more about it.
Are you on any meds?

Debbie

tgal
02-03-2013, 09:31 AM
Hi and welcome to the WHL family. We are so glad that you are here. I have Discoid and SLE so I understand how frustrating Discoid can be. Luckily, discoid is the one thing that the plaquenil completely took care of in me. I will go read your other post for more information before I talk too much about the disease

ItsLupus2007
02-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Hi and Welcome!

I hope that you tolerate the move from the "surface of the sun":) to an area where several feet is common.I would have weather shock!LOL!

Welcome again!