PDA

View Full Version : Major Flare

pinkjmf
06-18-2006, 09:03 PM
I have been in a pitty mood all day.I've have had a flare up for over a week now.My hair is really falling out now,I know,it's just hair but it's my hair.I just needed to talk.Anyone been there?

Saysusie
06-19-2006, 09:50 AM
Hi Pink;
Yes, many of us have been there. I posted a response to this to Morpheus in another forum here. I went bald in three spots on my scalp. Not everyone goes bald, so don't be frightened. Also, your hair WILL GROW BACK!. Losing my hair depressed me immensely, but I found a wig shop owned by a woman who had cancer who had lost all of her hair. She was so sweet to me and took me into a private room where we tried several wigs until we found one that fit me. She cut it and styled it for me and I was quite happy with it until my hair finally grew back. There are so many products (full wigs, partial wigs {you pull your own hair through the net and the partial just fills in and makes your hair look thicker}, weaves, etc.) that are available and, unlike many people, you will only need them for a short period, not for the rest of your life, because your hair will grow back. You might be surprised by how understanding and helpful people can be. Try contacting some wig shops/hair salons in your area, even ask specifically for places that cater to hair loss due to illness. You might be very happy with what they can do for you
When you hair grows back, it will be brand new hair...very soft, baby fine hair. That too will be temporary. Eventually, you will have a full head of hair again, honest!
I wish you the best
Saysusie

pinkjmf
06-19-2006, 11:53 AM
Thanks for your well needed words of wisdom.

pinkjmf
06-20-2006, 05:14 PM
I am Feeling quite a bit better today I guess the anti-inflammatory just took a little longer than usual to work.My ankle swelling has gone down and the pain is about gone.Thanks everyone for your prayers.

Missy
06-22-2006, 11:46 AM
Plus - as long as we don't stay in a funk for too long - I think we deserve a pity day every once in a while!

Saysusie
06-23-2006, 09:21 AM
Hi Pink :P
I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better. I want to ditto what Missy said about it being more than ok to have a pity party now and then..sometimes we just need it! Just remember not to stay there too long :)

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie