PDA

View Full Version : No good deed goes unpunished part 2

ruziska
01-21-2013, 05:42 PM
Saw the pulmonologist today. Did a bunch of tests and the conclusion is that I do not have asthma. Yay! What I have, and have had for some time now is double pneumonia. I did not see that one coming. So foe the next 10 days I am on high doses on antibiotics and I go back next month and see how my lungs look then.

steve.b
01-22-2013, 12:40 AM
at least this is cureable.
hopefully you will start to feel a little better soon.

thinking of you .............

ruziska
01-22-2013, 09:54 AM
the weird part of all of this is, until the night I shoveled, I felt fine. I didn't feel any of the symptoms the doctor described. If I hadn't shoveled, I never would have known there was a problem. I hadn't been coughing much less wheezing at all until that night. However, the 875 mg of antibiotics 2x/day give me a stomach ache that I could do without.

ItsLupus2007
01-22-2013, 11:13 AM
Make sure you take the Augmentin(I'm guessing :)) with food even if its just a few crackers to help with the tummy upset.Mylanta or Maalox will also help coat it too.

I'm glad you found out what was going on and don't have Asthma too.I say YOU GO :)on the shoveling on that one I would've been like "huh isnt it pretty".Or trying to shake salt on it :) and as we don't get much here it would have been a shaker and what was in my blue container I use to fill said shaker.Like that wouldnt have taken three days.

Until you get over the cough and wheeze remember to keep your mouth and nose covered when you go out with a scarf or something you actually will be breathing back into as the cold air without a buffer to help warm it will cause the airways to constrict and cause you alot more issue than keeping the nose/mouth covered and breathing back in your own warm air.

I hope you feel better soon.

Be well

Nonna
01-24-2013, 05:48 PM
Welcome to the world of pneumonia, I go in and the first thing she checks are my lungs. Clear or not it's straight to the antibiotics. I've found that levoquin sp is about the gentlest for the tummy but antacids are a must. I've graduated to dexilant. Just finished my round and am debating whether or not to call for the second round. Coughing is hellaous!

Good luck to you

jmail
01-24-2013, 08:26 PM
... Is this like that walking pneumonia, and the boogie woogie flu?... Glad you don't have asthma, but I wouldn't want pneumonia either! Do you do immuno suppresants for the lupus?