PDA

View Full Version : Leg feels wet...but not

jolynnhughes
01-21-2013, 03:51 PM
Another day, another weird symptom for this yet to be diagnosed old gal. I know I've read about others feeling this, but I didn't pay much attention, and now I can't find any posts referring to it. For about a half hour this morning, I felt like my lower leg was wet...like water was running down it. It was the strangest feeling. I need some back up here. Somebody post so I can show my otherwise sympathetic husband that I'm not completely crazy YET. And if you have it, is it just another manifestation of neuropathy? I have numbness and pain from that, but this is new and totally weird!

debbie-b
01-23-2013, 05:41 AM
I have had it on my leg before, but I also have it on my ear. It feels like cold water is running out of my ear, the left one, it "runs" out of the ear, down my cheek.
Told my rheumy about it and he looked at me, like I was crazy.
Sorry, I couldn't be more help.

Debbie

rob
01-23-2013, 06:08 AM
I step in puddles of cold water on the floor quite often. Only problem is, there's no cold water! In my case, my neurologist attributes this to neuropathy caused by MS, but it can be caused by neuropathy from SLE as well (I have both SLE and MS).

Although the water isn't real, the sensation I feel is very real, and is not just my imagination.

Nicole
01-23-2013, 02:56 PM
I have not been diagnosed with neuropathy but have had weird symptoms. Once over the summer, I was wearing shorts and I felt water dripping over my leg. Of course there was none. I felt it more than once that day. I also experience random paraesthesia's and have had a buzzing/vibration sensation in my legs. I hope it will just stay in the background and not become something else that needs to be treated.

jolynnhughes
01-27-2013, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the replies folks! I haven't had that sensations since my last post, so I'm pretending it never happened. :wacko:

rob
01-27-2013, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the replies folks! I haven't had that sensations since my last post, so I'm pretending it never happened. :wacko:

Pretending what happened? (insert smiley face)

nanaeagle
01-28-2013, 07:16 PM
I've had phantom water trickling down my right thigh more than once, and one morning I drove to work with one wet foot, only there was no water anywhere. Still made me look though.

cherylannc
10-15-2013, 03:46 PM
I googled ( Strange sensation like my leg feel wet ) and your forum appeared ... I thought I was going crazy, thank you for clearing this up for me ... It's comforting to know I'm not going mad after all.

heather123
10-16-2013, 07:12 PM
Nicole,

I have the buzzing/vibration in my legs too!! it's so weird and hard to explain but you nailed it!!! thanks!!!

:) Heather