PDA

View Full Version : Cellcept feels like it gets stuck in my throat?

tomcatsgirl
01-19-2013, 09:35 AM
Good morning,
I am curious about something? It seems since starting cellcept I feel as though I have a golf ball in my throat. It's after taking them like they get stuck. It's not painful just annoying. Have any of you experienced this? it seems worse taking two.

ItsLupus2007
01-19-2013, 10:12 AM
They may be getting stuck on you.If the sensation is worse if you take two then take them one at a time and drink several ounces of water with each one.

You may not be getting a large enough drink to get them down so increase fluid intake to help wash them down and take one at a time and see if that helps.

Be well

n.mac
01-19-2013, 11:20 AM
The side effects of some meds is dry mouth-I have noticed this myself having been on an ever increasing dose of cellcept myself the last few months.
I do drink a little water just prior to taking meds and then more as I threw a handfull down.

No problems swallowing,As my wife pointed out-One of the benefits of my having a big mouth!

Mica
01-19-2013, 12:12 PM
Yea I get that a lot especially with my Cellcept.

tomcatsgirl
01-19-2013, 03:44 PM
Thanks so much for all your in put. I have never had any issues swallowing pills before. Like you n.mac I must also have a big mouth because I can swallow a few at time no problem. I have tried drinking after and well to try and see if food will push it down. It doesn't. Hmm sounds like its not un usual so I won't fret. I will mention it at my next appt if it continues. Thanks again for the support.

jmail
01-20-2013, 09:03 AM
Mention it anyway, without fail there tomcatsgirl. My metformin is like that for me. It has a "chalky" exterior, and seems to "stick" on the way down. Combined with some esophagus issues (my muscles spasm), it gets weird sometimes. Do you take plaquenil also, by chance?

tomcatsgirl
01-20-2013, 11:59 AM
Hi jmail why yes I do take plaquinel 200 mg twice a day. I also have the pleasure of taking baby aspirin and Zoloft for anxiety. Not sure but I have read that lupus can cause anxiety? So I take 4 pills in the am and 4 pills in the pm. How the heck do they get you up 2000mg of cellcept a day. Would it be a second set of two in the middle of the day? Oh gawd! Yep that's me feeling sorry for myself stuffing more pills down my throat. GAG! On the flip side I have lost 6lbs since starting cellcept. I'm not way over weight but I hold an extra 25 lbs so I guess it's not a bad thing. I know many of you take way more pills then I do so I should feel grateful for that. And there are far worse treatments so I am thankful for that as well.

ItsLupus2007
01-20-2013, 03:49 PM
Too bad we all arent gullible puppies that can have their meds pushed into a hotdog and tossed to us and be so eager for more that we just jump,gulp them down without even pausing for breath and then sit there with a wagging butt begging for more :)

n.mac
01-20-2013, 09:53 PM
I take 3000 mg cellcept(3 500mg pills twice daily) plus metformin, lisinapril, plaquenol, prednisone and 81mg asprin-hasn't helped my weight any I always seem to hold steady at alot more than it should be!