PDA

View Full Version : Nplate anyone?

Hollie
01-06-2013, 11:59 PM
I was diagnosed with SLE a little over two yrs ago and as a side effect developed ITP (low platelet count). just to put it I n perspective a normal person has a platelet count of 150,000-450,000 at the time of my diagnosis I had a count of ZERO. a paper cut could have killed me b/c my body had no way to clot my blood and I would have bled out. anyway back to my point...I was prescribed NPLATE injection to help rebuild my platelet count. I started out with once weekly and as of a few months ago have been bumped to once every two weeks. I guess what I'm trying to ask is if anyone else has had the same problem Or heard of any one that has
thanks ahead for any replies

Saysusie
01-09-2013, 07:50 PM
I have never had this condition nor do I know anyone who has. I do know that NPlate injections are only used in cases of chronic ITP (and with a count of zero, I would venture to say that your case is chronic). I have not heard anything bad about the drug or its side effects. However, if you do not get any responses, I will be happy to research the drug for you.
I do hope that it works for you and gets your count back to normal again.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

rttb1234
03-30-2013, 02:28 PM
Hello,

I have ITP also, and could not take Rituximab infusion. I was wondering how nplate is working out for you. That is probably my next option.