PDA

View Full Version : odema in in ankles and legs

kim,l
01-03-2013, 04:02 AM
well seems my gout has now turned to odema in legs full of fluid i am wearing pressure bandages to help and using a electronic circulation booster once a day. have appointment with rheumi tommorrow. hoping he will give me fluid tablets have done all the right things low sodium diet , low sugar everything to help kidneys. but still am not going to bathroom as much as i should. hope he will give them to me am sick of sore puffed up legs. moving to qld next week to hervey bay.

tgal
01-03-2013, 08:41 AM
Good luck tomorrow and I hope you get to feelin better

Mica
01-03-2013, 11:58 AM
Oh I get that all the time, it's so annoying and painful. Hope things get better soon.

jmail
01-04-2013, 08:33 PM
I used to never have to worry 'bout that... Now my ankles look like Vicki Carr's when she's playing "Momma" on the Carol Burnett Show... and I've got me some new long white sox that take *forever* to put on... and they won't quit asking me "Have you fallen in the last six months?"... What? do I look *that* old?... Don't answer that.

kim,l
01-05-2013, 04:27 AM
yes i am wearing pressure bandages during day and elevating them as much as possible.

steve.b
01-05-2013, 05:57 AM
... and they won't quit asking me "Have you fallen in the last six months?"... What? do I look *that* old?... Don't answer that.

no i will not answer that ....
just chuckle quietly to myself.

magistramarla
01-05-2013, 03:24 PM
Kim,
I'm sure that the stress of getting ready for the move is making this worse.
Did the rheumy give you something to help with the excess water retention?
I hope that the big move goes smoothly and that things will be better for you and your family there.
Hugs,
Marla

ButterflyTasha
01-05-2013, 09:38 PM
Are you taking anything to help with water retention? I used to swell up alot in the ankles and legs. I currently take 80 mg of furesomide. It helps alot.

kim,l
01-05-2013, 09:39 PM
no marla because of my kidney function and my blood pressure medication dangerous to take. fluid tablets. will start hydrotherapy when i get to hervey bay, and see physio.thankyou my friend it has been stressful moving and the fall i took before christmas didnot help,