PDA

View Full Version : the positive project

ruziska
12-31-2012, 04:41 PM
So here's my number one project for 2013: THE POSITIVE PROJECT
I grew up in a home that thrived and survived on negativity. My parents won't like it- they won't like anything attitude. Not a nice thing to say about anything or anyone. Children living what they learn, I, too, grew up to be a negative person. I got sick of that several years ago and came to my senses. I got back in touch with God and having been working on becoming a better person each and every day. So I decided to start the new year with the positive project. What it means is for every negative thought I have, I must come up with a positive. Example: last night I had an incident with the cheese grater. Much pain! Positive: I wasn't seriously hurt!. You get the idea.

I'm positive this forum is full of wonderful caring people. I'm positive 2013 is going to be a great year!

magistramarla
12-31-2012, 05:09 PM
We need some positive vibes when we deal with chronic pain.
I grew up with an abusive mother. I think that she was dealing with some AI issues, but had no help with them.
She took it out on me. I tried not to repeat that with my kids.
Have a great new year, and stay positive!
Hugs,
Marla

SleepyInSeattle
12-31-2012, 06:57 PM
I try to do this too...there is always pain, but there are always blessings too - sometimes we are just blind to them (and sometimes they are tiny and we have to look really, really hard for them, LOL...). i think it is a powerful, positive way to live and enables us to help others, which is SO SATISFYING, and it feels like what we are all here to do in the first place... to help each other when we're down.

So here's to silver linings and turning lemons into lemonade! :-)

Happy New Year....

steve.b
12-31-2012, 07:44 PM
i love saysuzies signature.....

"look for the good, and praise it"

Saysusie
01-01-2013, 05:56 PM
I love the idea of you Positive Project! I think that, with all that we deal with and the stresses that we encounter, this daily project would help us immensely in our efforts to live productively with this disease.
Steve mentioned that he liked my signature "Look For The Good And Praise It". This has been a mantra that I've lived my life trying to abide by. I truly believe that if you decide that, in every situation and in every person, if you look for the good, YOU WILL FIND IT! It is always there if we just see it, believe it, and praise it.
Best of luck on your positive project and you are definitely in the right place to be amongst people who will support you in this effort and who will always find and praise the good/positive.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Nonna
01-04-2013, 04:35 AM
I' ve always been a quiet insecure person. Now that I can no longer control the pain as I did in the past. I need to be positive. I need to go mentally to my happy place to feel better about myself and my life.

Happy Place!!!!!!
Mine is Disney World, watching the little ones enjoy the magic