PDA

View Full Version : Methotrexate Storage - preservative free

Corella
12-27-2012, 11:03 PM
Hi everyone

It is pretty hot where I live - nearly 40 degrees inside and without air con - pretty warm inside although dont know the exact temp. Just wondering where you store your injectable MTX - mine does not contain the preservatives and I am pretty sure the safe room where I keep my meds is about 27 degrees or thereabouts.

Someone said to store it in the fridge during the summer months, just wondering what you guys did with yours - those living in a hot country that is?

Many thanks

magistramarla
12-28-2012, 04:32 PM
I don't live in a hot area right now, but I still kept mine in the fridge. It burned less going in that way.
We don't have kids in the house, so it was safe to keep it in the door of the fridge.
If you have young-uns, you might need to be more creative.

I'll be going back to hot and steamy Texas in April, where we will likely have grandkids in the house more often.
If I go back to taking MTX, I'll have to get creative about keeping it in the fridge, too.
Hugs,
Marla

Corella
12-28-2012, 11:03 PM
Just spoke to pharmacist - she said it can be stored in the door of the fridge but take it out an hour before injection. The temps are now in the 40s outside and when the air con is off when we go out it is about 30 in the house so I think I will keep it in the fridge - we dont have children so that isnt an issue.

Talking of hot weather, I went to the shops and felt so sick, dizzy and had palpitations and my rash on my face suddenly appeared, I am now lying down on the sofa feeling awful.

Its going to be a long summer for me I reckon.