PDA

View Full Version : What does neuropathy feel like?

Nonna
12-21-2012, 10:12 PM
I've had nerve twinges before; but yesterday and today, it feels like fire racing along the nerve so that I could actually say this is where my one nerve is. It is really weird and is continuing. Has anyone else ever felt this?

rob
12-22-2012, 04:08 AM
Yes, I feel this often. You've probably heard me mention before that I have MS, as well as SLE. Peripheral neuropathy is a constant problem I live with. Sometimes meds help, sometimes they don't.

I can feel the nerve in a bunch of places along it's path simultaneously, and I can also feel it like you described, as in a constant line. Sometimes it's a twinge, sometimes it burns, sometimes stings like needles. Intensity of the pain can range from just irritating, all the way to excruciatingly unbearable.

Most of my neuropathy is caused by MS, but you can have it caused by SLE too.

Nonna
12-22-2012, 09:45 AM
Thanks Rob

It's either the SLE or the Parkinsons. I just needed some reassurance that that was what it was.

tgal
12-22-2012, 07:52 PM
This was on my first list of problems at the doctor. It can be very painful. I thought this link might help. Love ya

http://www.lupus.org/webmodules/webarticlesnet/templates/new_research.aspx?articleid=2323&zoneid=3