PDA

View Full Version : Hey there! I'm a 21yr old with lupus nephritis.

kmroth91
12-21-2012, 05:04 PM
Hi! I'm Kameryn, 21 and I've been diagnosed for about two years now.
My usual symptoms are hair loss, joint pain, mouth sores, chest pain and also very high levels of protein in my urine. (hehe tmi?!)
I just finished four rounds of Cytoxan chemotherapy to try to bring my extremely high levels of protein down from 5900 back to under 150. The chemo didn't affect my numbers though so now my kidney doctor is considering Rituxan and some other experimental treatments. I'd love to hear about anyone elses experiences!

Mica
12-22-2012, 12:49 PM
Hi i'm Mica and i'm 21 too been diagnosed for like 7 years. Don't worry protein in the urine is not too much info. My doctor is always checking on my kidneys and am constantly changing medication when there is too much protein in my urine. I have done the whole methotextrate route but I was really way to sick and out of it too really remember what was going on exactly lol. I have too lost most my hair on that horrible drug and it never really grew back to how it was before and it still falls out sometimes and breaks constantly. That makes me sad too because i'm a 21 year girl and I really want thick long shiny hair.

tgal
12-22-2012, 09:49 PM
So far I haven't had a confirmed diagnosis of kidney problems so I am not much help. I did want to stop in and welcome you though

jmail
12-23-2012, 03:49 PM
likewise for me kmroth91, just a "Hi!" from here also. Welcome to WHL forums.