PDA

View Full Version : about the rash

Tracyl50
12-19-2012, 03:02 PM
i have never had a rash . but lately my neck has been itching, a little red, and little red spots. and it comes and goes away. i did go to my Dr and he noticed my face was a little red. but he didn't say if it was a start of a rash .. my husband thought it was just makeup on. i took a photo just now, and want to know if this is the start of the rash. i figure if anyone would know would be you guys on here. i didn't tell the Dr. that my neck itches a lot and then goes away because it wasn't bothering me at the time and i forgot the ask him about it..it started to really itch today and red and little red bumps. I'm not sure if you can really see it in the photos. thanks I'm trying to add a photo but won't let me can someone tell me how to put photo on here thanks

tgal
12-19-2012, 04:44 PM
Photo uploads are not working right now. It is a known issue and we are working on it. I am sorry about that.

It is something you need to talk to your doctor about though. It could be something as small as a reaction to UV lighting (sun or fluorescent), reaction to medication or something lupus based. I think we all understand about forgetting to talk to the doctor about things when we go in. It is always best to keep a symptom journal and take it with you to your appointments. That way you have all of the information in front of you when you go. It makes things easier.

Hope you feel better

Tracyl50
12-19-2012, 06:02 PM
I'm so guilty about writing things down. i don't think its the meds i have been on most of them for about two years now. and this just start a couple of months ago. it does go away. and comes back. i tried to post a photo but its not woking on this sight it won't let me add the photos. dr did notice redness on my cheeks. but he didn't say if it was a rash. i think he is going to see if it gets worse or just goes away. my husband is funny he though it was make up I've had the redness on face for a couple of days now. at times it feels like its burning.

tgal
12-19-2012, 07:45 PM
As i said... We are unable to upload photos at this time. It is a known issue that is being worked on. You might want to start wearing sunscreen (even indoors if under fluorescent lights). Neutagena makes a good, 100 SPF one for the face and neck. It might help

jmail
12-20-2012, 07:14 PM
Take the pix with you to the doc, either on your phone, or on a usb stick or something. Don't forget about a note about the circumstances surrounding the rash.

Tracyl50
12-26-2012, 04:39 PM
is a lupus rash itchy??

magistramarla
12-26-2012, 04:49 PM
Hi Tracy,
I've had lots of problems with itchy skin. I've been told that it might be dry skin from the Sjogren's.
Hugs,
Marla

Saysusie
12-26-2012, 05:47 PM
There are quite a few types of rashes with Lupus; some itch, some burn, some are raised and red with a burning sensation......
It is a good idea to take a picture of yours to your doctor with you. You can put the word "rashes" in the search bar above and all posts with tha word in them will come up. You can then read what our members have been saying about Lupus rashes. Also, there are some discussion about Lupus rashes in "Lupus Symptoms".
I hope that reading these will provide you with some answers. If not, please do not hesitate to ask us and we will do all that we can to help you find answers.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie