PDA

View Full Version : Medical Marijuana For Lupus

parkvillepioneer
12-19-2012, 10:26 AM
In the past I would use marijuana recreationally and the "looseness" it brought me supports the notion that my Lupus symptoms started way earlier than they were detected. But I stopped recently to prove to myself I could, to save money and to observe the effects of my treatment. Now I am on an opioid (tramadol), a NSAID (aleve) and a stimulant for my learning disability.

These things help but they do make me nauseous sometimes and I worry about their long term effects on my organs. In fact, to say they help is an understatement, I can't leave my bed without my medication during a flare up I am pretty much incapacitated.

Any of you have success or experience using medical marijuana? Which method did you use? What strain?

jmail
12-20-2012, 05:50 PM
"Medical" marijuana is not a treatment for lupus. It might help make you feel better (or not care about things), but it does absolutely nothing to prevent damage from lupus. All it ever did for me when I was a kid was make me fall asleep. Similarly, nsaids might relieve inflammation associated with lupus, but again, is not a treatment of lupus, just of the symptoms. I wouldn't be as worried about organ damage from the meds as much as I would be about organ damage from the lupus. A person with lupus needs to minimize the damage as much as possible. Just my tue pennies.

parkvillepioneer
12-20-2012, 10:03 PM
Thanks for all/any replies! I didn't mean a cure I meant for the symptoms (my bad for not being specific). I'm on plaquenil (sp) for my Lupus and the other things for the symptoms. Let me Quote The Weed Blog since I can't post links as a newbie.

tgal
12-20-2012, 10:09 PM
While we can allow discussion of medical marijuana for the sake of symptom relief the discussion copied from "the weed blog" does break our rules about the discussion of natural remedies and cures. Please see the Sticky "how to get banned from WHL" for further details. I am removing the quoted material.