PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Razzolink, Part II

magistramarla
12-17-2012, 04:53 PM
I've mentioned before that I hate our internet service, Razzolink. We have no choice - it's the company that has a contract with the military installation where we live. Also, we can't get cable TV here - we have to use Direct TV. If one wants to see an on-demand movie, you have to download it through the computer system.
Lately, we've gotten a lot of new neighbors. We even have five young college students next door in our duplex. With all of those people on the system, it has slowed down to a crawl. On weekends and in the evening, it's impossible to go anywhere on the web.
Soon after Thanksgiving, the whole system crashed and it took Razzolink a long time to fix it.
We now have a stronger router in our house, but we still have slow downloads after about 4 pm.
It's almost that time right now, so I'll get off before I get kicked off - LOL.
I'll keep trying to get here to check in during the afternoon.
Hugs,
Marla

steve.b
12-18-2012, 05:08 AM
just count the days, till you leave......

then you will have whom ever you want.

tgal
12-18-2012, 07:41 AM
I don't know what phone company you have or how good your data service is inside your house but have you thought about getting a "mifi"? It will allow up to 4 or 5 users to connect to the net at a time at whatever speed your phone company data tower is (3 or 4 G). It's not perfect and if you don't get good reception it isn't a good alternative but it might be something to look into.

magistramarla
12-26-2012, 05:30 PM
Mari,
I wish that our cell phones worked in this house. It works if I'm sitting on the end of the couch and leaning toward the window.
Otherwise, it drops all calls. We live in a cell phone dead zone. That's why we had to get a land line.
While Meg is in Germany, they were able to designate two US numbers for free unlimited calls. They chose my cell number and Tyler's Mom's cell.
When Meg calls, I have to make sure that I'm on the couch and leaning toward the window the entire time that we talk.

I dread going back to the heat of South Texas, but I will be glad to go back to Time Warner Cable and their super-high-speed internet service.
Hugs,
Marla