PDA

View Full Version : Lodine Dosage

jolynnhughes
12-15-2012, 02:19 PM
To all Lodine takers, what dosage do you take? I'm currently taking 200 mg. twice a day. It used to work great on my joint pain. Now, not so much. I'm going to have to make a change, and I'm wondering, since it worked so well before, if a stronger dose is an option. FYI, I've been on it since the end of September.

jmail
12-18-2012, 05:41 PM
There are all sorts of various forms of Lodine, up to (I think) 500's. There's also like an "extended release" and a "normal" variety, in like capsules and tabs (if my memory is doing me right). Like all nSaids, they can have benefits, and disadvantages. Doctor's advice should be followed, and pay attention to the food and other meds you have to avoid when doing an nSaid. You can't take aspirin, and seems to me you have to be careful with antacid stuff... def mem overload now... There's also cardiac risk with nsaids.

For me, the belly was the big thing, and then the "getting used to" of all the nSaids I've done. I don't know as there's a one that I've missed over the last 20+ years. Even when I take ibuprofen, I'll have to quit for a few days, 'cause it seems like that while I notice it's worked in reducing inflammation, it no longer lowers the pain level. Maybe it's all my imagination... |;^) Brain fog is *bad* today.