PDA

View Full Version : Does sunscreen burn when you apply it?

Maegan
12-14-2012, 08:25 PM
Sunscreen has always burned when I put it on my face. I just found out this isn't normal. Anyone else s face burn when applying sunscreen?

Nicole
12-14-2012, 10:02 PM
Hi Maegan,

When I first started having Lupus symptoms, my skin became more sensitive. Sunscreen burned my face when I used it. My dermatologist suggested using Vanicream products and that helped me a lot. I use Vanicream soap, moisturizer, and sunscreen. You don't need a prescription for it. I first had a local pharmacy order it for me but now I just get it from Amazon.

tgal
12-14-2012, 11:34 PM
I have only found one that doesn't burn my face. It is made by neutagena and it is 100SPF just for the face.

My skin became very sensitive too. I can't use perfumes or anything anymore. Another one of those changes that occurred because of this lovely disease

Mica
12-15-2012, 11:47 AM
Heres my number one rule for everything...if it burns don't use it. I use that neutrogena like Tgal uses. It works great, light on the skin, and you can buy it almost anywhere.

jmail
12-18-2012, 05:48 PM
neutrogena 100 for me too ("sensitive skin"??) - (man, where's the brain... where's the tube of sunscreen??!?!.) everything else burns, or doesn't work good enough.

tomcatsgirl
12-20-2012, 07:03 AM
Never associated this with lupus. Although I just found out. We have a boat and enjoy a lot of time on the water. I have noticed over the years I burn I can't be on the boat with out a hat my poor scalp. I always thought the burning of the face was from applying sunscreen after being in the sun for awhile. Who new. Never asked anyone if they had this. I have also noticed over the years that my skin in general is way sensitive. I use aveno products for my face.