PDA

View Full Version : Roseanne Rosannadanna was right

ruziska
12-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Roseanne Rosannadann was a character created by Gilda Radner from the origninal Saturday Night Live cast. Her catch phrase was "it's always something!" and that fits my life perfectly.

The latest in the saga of the circus of my life: I went to the dentist yesterday. Haven't gone in years thanks to monetary constraints. So because of that and a 35 year caffeine addiction ( 13 months, 5 days caffeineless!), my mouth is a dentist's goldmine. To the tune of $7346. 36. I have no dental insurance at the moment. I'm looking in to what dental insurance through my job versus pay in cash would be the best deal. The dentist will give me a very good discount for paying in cash. That may be the better deal than paying into insurance depending on how much insurance covers. Wow! There goes most of my sick leave for the next 2 years. All this work is going to take 1-2 years. So much fun to look forward to-not really.

tgal
12-07-2012, 11:02 AM
Make sue you tell him you have Lupus and what meds you are on. Dental work can be complicated by our disease and dentist take extra precautions

jmail
12-07-2012, 03:48 PM
don't forget now, Roseanne Rosannadanna also wondered what was wrong with all the violins on TV...

I'm afraid to go to the dentist myself. I've got insurance, but I haven't been there in almost 3 years because of being sick everytime I turned around. things seem to be getting under control again (knock on wood), and i think I'd better try to go again, before I end up with a bill like yours, in spite of insurance. Good luck with it, which ever way you go ruziska

Mica
12-07-2012, 04:31 PM
That sounds like me, every time I go to the dentist there is something wrong. I haven't been in like 2 years because of finances but I can imagine that i'm going to have that same problem whenever I go back.

steve.b
12-07-2012, 07:14 PM
i went last week, for my anual checkup.

i saw a new dentist, at the same practice.
he knew about lupus.

he suggested 2 things to help us minimise problems.

1. get an electric toothbrush.
they clean better, and massage the gums.

2. have a clean every 6 months.
this reduces the buildup, so decay cannot take hold as easily.

i already had the electric toothbrush, as cleaning by hand hurts my arm too much.
so i asked how much difference the 6 monthly clean will really make, compared to 12 months.
he said it would stop about 80% of the decay.

n.mac
12-08-2012, 08:13 AM
Never doubt Roseanne Rosannadanna!