PDA

View Full Version : packing is exhausting

kim,l
12-04-2012, 01:55 AM
hi everyone this packing for our move is driving me crazy . It is so hot and i thought i had till next thursday before inspection so i was pacing myself. but i get politely informed this morning she is coming this thursday because it is more convenient for her because she has to see someone else in the street. so that has put a cog in my wheel of pacing myself. also when we moved into this place it was a disgusting. yet they want us to clean gutters , wash windows, wash all the eaves, clean the kitchen, steam clean carpets, pressure clean concrete, remove all rubbish, they want us to leave all our blinds all our new lightfittings, we have repainted the place put new lino on floors. i do not mind doing most of this and i would do it anyway. but i do not think my walking frame will reach the gutters and i donot think climbing a ladder is a bright idea. they no we are disabled and they know the condition this house was in when we came. they just do not want to get off there bums to do anything. thats goverment housing for you. they sit in there cushy airconditioned office barking orders. so if i am rambling just very tired and very fed up with the whole thing. the house . the state. and the packing just want to put my big swollen feet up and rest. and bugger off to them all. well thats my lunatic rant for the today . hope everyone feeling okay. hugs kim

rob
12-04-2012, 01:57 PM
I'd rather have my dentist drill my teeth with no anesthetic while his assistant drags her fingernails down a chalkboard, than pack for a move, because it's quicker, and less painful.

I feel for you Kim.

kim,l
12-04-2012, 07:49 PM
oh rob what would i do without your sense of humour. you crack me up with laughter and make me feel good my friend. thankyou hugs kim.

jmail
12-07-2012, 03:21 PM
I hate packing for moving, almost as much as I hate unpacking after the move... 'nother thang, I've *never* found a house that I've moved into, what I'd call "clean"... are we the only ones who clean as we leave?... lol - btw, humans and ladders are not meant to mix, unless the human is a contractor - and a lupie should NOT get on a ladder, seriously... "I'm so dizzy, my head is spinning. Like a whirlpool, it never ends..."

magistramarla
12-17-2012, 04:29 PM
Hi Kim,
Just do as much as you are capable of doing. It's ridiculous to expect disabled people to do all of that work.
Keep your mind on getting to a better neighborhood.
I'll be getting ready to move in early April. Jeff will graduate on March 29, and we'll be going back to San Antonio.
I look forward to living closer to grandchildren, but I dread living in the terrible heat of Texas and dealing with that big old house that we have.
Hugs,
Marla