PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for re-opening registration

finally_thin
11-23-2012, 07:45 PM
I use the handle finally_thin cause a weight loss board is the first message board I joined. (why mess with a name I can remember). I have been diagnosed a month ago after having a horrible year-started with tingling in my toes and just got worse from there. In September I saw my GP and he ordered tests, an MRI and then more blood tests. Given that my choices seem to be a stroke, MS or brain tumor-Lupus seemed like a blessing (for about two weeks)

I have started new meds, am waiting for a referal to a rheumy-but have surfed your site and found it very helpful.

My real name is Lucie, I live in Ontario, Canada and am 51 years old and have a retired hubby and two sons who no longer live with us.

I look forward to getting to know everyone better.

magistramarla
11-23-2012, 09:41 PM
Hi Lucie,
Welcome to WHL! I'm 55 and I have five adult children and four (soon to be five) grandchildren.
I also have tingling in my toes. My feet are often completely numb and my right foot feels like a wood block when I'm driving.
Hugs,
Marla

Derrie
11-23-2012, 10:05 PM
Welcome, Lucie! My first symptoms that something was up were tingling hands and feet, and yeah-- the first thing I was told by a neurologist was, "You probably have MS or a spinal tumor." Not comforting.

I have since had a truly staggering number of medical tests, and my doctors all agree I have some sort of autoimmune disease-- they just don't know what, specifically. Did they ever figure out what was causing your tingling?

And I am glad you have joined us-- this place is wonderful for support and friendship and information on dealing with our often-times bizarre illnesses.

tgal
11-24-2012, 12:05 AM
Hi and welcome to WHL! We are very glad that we were able to ope. The board again as well but the spammers gave us no choice.

Please make yourself at home, feel free to ask any questions that you would like and know that we are always here for you

running girl
11-24-2012, 11:16 AM
Welcome Lucie.

Hope you feel better soon.

finally_thin
11-24-2012, 04:22 PM
Thanks all-this is the most frustrating thing-I use to be the healthiest fat person you ever wanted to meet. I was happy and positive and did a tonne of stuff. Now I have lost 90 pounds and am on enough meds to choke a horse, and have been in pain for a year. If I could go back to fat and happy I would-but I know I have to learn to live with this-but it is tough.

Saysusie
11-25-2012, 01:43 PM
Hello and welcome Lucie, I am so glad that you found us and joined our family. Most of us have had to make major lifestyle changes in order to deal with our Lupus. The loss of our former selves is difficult to deal with. However, we are here to help you as much as we can and you will find that the members have a wealth of information and advice! Again, welcome

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie