PDA

View Full Version : New

keypooh90
11-22-2012, 08:42 PM
Hi. My name is Carrielee and I am new to Lupus and this forum. I am 22 and a junior in college. I enjoy spending time with friends and family, listening to music and going to the theatre. I was diagnosed with Lupus fairly recently during an ER visit and hospital admission due to acute glomneunephritis and a serious DVT in my left leg. I have skin, joint, kidney and blood/blood vessel involvement along with fatigue. My meds are Prednisone, Plaquenil, Cellcept, Avapro and Lovenox. I am overwhelmed and reeling from the dx.

tgal
11-23-2012, 09:06 AM
I know it is shocking to get this news but the good part of it is that now you are on the road to getting it under control. We are here for you and will be glad to be a place to ask questions, vent, cry or just be support. You have found a wonderf place filled with great people who understand exactly what you are going through.

Welcome to the WHL family. Please make yourself at home

keypooh90
11-23-2012, 12:02 PM
Thank you. The diagnosis is still so new for me and hard to come to deal with. I'm still feeling pretty bad. Is this normal? Like will my new normal be feeling fatigued and flu like symptoms all the time?

keypooh90
11-23-2012, 04:59 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the welcome! I am still feeling pretty awful with joint pain, flu-like symptoms and my hair is still falling out. My rheumy said it may not all fall out, so I'm hoping that is the case. She said it will take time for the meds to work and to be patient, but that is not my virtue! Can I expect to pretty bad off and on for awhile?

Saysusie
11-25-2012, 02:10 PM
Hi and welcome.
I can't say that you will feel this way alll of the time but many of us have had to adjust to our "new normal". This is usually different for each of us. I hope that your medications do alleviate some of your symptoms and provides you with some relief.
Welcome to our family where you will find that you are not alone and that we care and understand.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

jmail
11-26-2012, 03:34 PM
Hey there keypooh90! Sorry about your joining the lupie group, but welcome to the WHL forum. How long have you been on your meds?

Mica
11-26-2012, 08:32 PM
Hey i'm Mica and i'm 21. I have had lupus for about 7 years now and had to drop out of college. Please keep calm even though it's hard it will help in the long run. Don't over-do yourself with school and start to know your limits.
Also since were around the same age and your feeling overwhelmed with it all you are more than welcome to private message me anytime. We have all been through what your going through so feel free to vent and get out your frustrations on here.
Hope you start feeling better soon!