PDA

View Full Version : ignorant people- again

debbie-b
11-21-2012, 05:47 AM
Thanks to my boss, I get to take every wednesday as my day off, because I take my MTX shot on tuesday evening and have wednesday to feel yucky at home.
Yesterday a coworker said to me " you are so lucky, you have wed. and thurs. off" ( of course thurs. is a holiday). So I said," I wouldn't call it lucky, since I have to inject myself with CHEMO on tuesday night",(which she knows btw). Her answer was, " well, i guess it has it's pros and cons".
I totally flipped and said, " what, are you ignorant?". " There are no pros, when you have Lupus, RA and Sjogrens, there are no pros when you have to self inject chemo, there are ONLY CONS for Gods sake".
I mean, even if you don't know, what Lupus is and does, knowing that chemo is involved, should give you a clue, that it must be pretty bad.
I am so sick of stupid people and their stupid comments.
Ok, I am done ranting.

tgal
11-21-2012, 07:07 AM
Rant away girl! I completely understand what you are saying. I think we all deal with those STUPID and uncaring people! Just remember that we love ya and I hope today goes ok for you

debbie-b
11-21-2012, 07:24 AM
Rant away girl! I completely understand what you are saying. I think we all deal with those STUPID and uncaring people! Just remember that we love ya and I hope today goes ok for you

Thank you Mari.

Debbie

rob
11-21-2012, 07:53 AM
I'm convinced that there must be a dumbass academy someplace that folks like this guy attend. I mean, it can't be possible that so many people in the world are just born this terminally stupid, they have to be going someplace to become this way, right?

Like Mari said Debbie, rant away, it's good for the soul!

Rob

ruziska
11-21-2012, 11:11 AM
Anybody here NOT had to deal with an idiot? Sadly, I doubt it. Sorry Debbie that stupid is the new pandemic. I have a gal at work that said I should be glad that it "is only Lupus". Come again? ONLY Lupus???? If stupid was illegal, most of the population would be in jail- just my opinion.

magistramarla
11-21-2012, 03:39 PM
To add to the rant - it's even worse when the stupid person is your rheumy and/or neuro. They are supposed to know better!
Hugs,
Marla

SleepyInSeattle
11-21-2012, 04:21 PM
Ugh. I'd rather be sick than stupid and cruel.... :-P

rob
11-23-2012, 10:17 AM
Ugh. I'd rather be sick than stupid and cruel.... :-P

That would make a great signature line!

KittyKatAllen
11-23-2012, 10:22 AM
O_O oh my, rant away i know that feeling myself, only mine was my uncle, he said he looked up Lupus on the net and said "Aww its not all that bad, she'll be fine!" i was like O_o come again, i have SLE Dumbo where did you look? the Irogant people who tell you about Illnesses sight O_O? i just wish people was more considerate and try to be more understanding then daft stupid and total d***s

jmail
11-26-2012, 04:54 PM
... how 'bout having your dad, who should know better, him being an 87 year old man who is on multiple meds himself, say to you "You need to get off all them meds! That's what's makin' you sick!"... lol - some people, I tell ya... It's almost like the question an RA patient gets when you tell someone you have rheumatoid arthritis: "Where is your arthritis? 'cause my elbow hurts all the time, and I think I've got arthritis in it."... uh, it's systemic, meaning the WHOLE body, every part that is soft tissue... capiche? Ya try to remain calm and educate a person, but it does wear thin, don't it?... |;^)