PDA

View Full Version : making a change

kim,l
11-17-2012, 02:05 AM
well my friends i have finally had enough of my living situation. we have decided to move to queensland beginning january next year. i am moving near my mother. goverment housing says they cannot transfer us . so we are giving up house here and going to apply for one in hervey bay qld.we can no longer take the neighbours here and the violence and abuse. and loud music. and i cannot take another winter here the pain would be to much and my husband stephen is having trouble breathing. and mikaelas depression is getting worse we need a change so that is my news.

Manderson
11-17-2012, 10:54 AM
Good luck Kim. I don't blame you. The neighbors alone would have had me shrieking.

steve.b
11-18-2012, 01:39 AM
kim, i posted an answer yesterday....
but it got lost in the big black hole overnight.

check into a scheme called "national rent affordability scheme"

tgal
11-18-2012, 09:08 AM
Good Kim. Hopefully this will make everything calm down for you

Nonna
11-18-2012, 11:29 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Have a care for you a d yours

jmail
11-19-2012, 05:16 PM
Good luck with the move Kim & family. Hopefully, you find an affordable house in a good neighborhood, with good people surrounding you.

rob
11-19-2012, 10:02 PM
Hi Kim,

I never knew how much a move could help with tolerating Lupus, until I moved from a bad environment to a much better place. I went from a place with a high crime rate, pollution, and terribly obnoxious neighbors to a much more peaceful setting, and it made a world of difference in my stress level, and in my flares from stress. Then I went from that to no neighbors at all. I've got no complaints.

You don't have to go from hell to paradise to see a difference though. Just a change of environment that's a bit better, can make a huge difference. Moving itself can be really stressful, but the rewards can be great.

Rob

kim,l
11-21-2012, 05:13 AM
well my eldest daughter sarah is coming with us she was so upset we were leaving her. we didnot have the heart to go without her she has been through so much on the last few years with her post traumatic stress. she cried and asked if we would let her come with us she is 24 but has never been away from us. my children and there.happiness will always come before my own. we will just have to wait a little while longer for our retirement years to be alone together. only thing i am worried about is my son and how he will take the news he is 26 but a alcoholic and gambler and very abusive. and he smokes. we cannot have him living with us. this makes me sad because i donot want him to feel i am abandoning him. but until he straightens himself out i cannot have him around us on permanent basis.

Saysusie
11-21-2012, 11:37 AM
Well, I wrote an elegant response to your posts and somehow lost it :-( Actually, elegant may not be an accurate term.
At any rate, I am so glad that you have decided to move away from the stress that you have been dealing with for so long. Especially with your husband's health, your daughter's health and your health. I know that being away from all of the added stress will make a big difference on your own health.
I am glad that you are taking your 24yr old with you. But, with reference to your son, your decision is completely understandable. He does need to take responsibility for his life and the consequences of his actions. Perhaps this move will make him a bit more motivated to do just that so that he can be with his family. I know that this is a hard decision for you, but I truly feel that it is the right one.
I wish you and your family the very best!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

magistramarla
11-21-2012, 03:35 PM
Kim,
This is good news! May the new year and your new place be much more peaceful and healthful for all of you!
I agree with what Rob said. I moved from a hot and stressful city to our lovely little place by the Monterey Bay, and the lack of stress has made all of the difference for me.
Next Spring, we have to move back to hot old Texas, and I am not looking forward to that!
Try not to stress out about the move, and keep us informed.
Hugs,
Marla