PDA

View Full Version : how many curveballs can one have.

steve.b
11-14-2012, 05:24 PM
so i had to spend a week living at friends places, or sleeping in my car.
eventually i find a place to rent.
and the government allow me to draw on my future pension to cover the bond.

all that over, i start to settle into my new place.......
termites and black mold.

now the place is no longer safe to live in.

i was again without a place to live.

friends offer short term accomodation.
now there is no reasonably priced rentals in my town, or the town each side of here.

i want to be somewhere fairly close, so i can see my kids.
but money is tight, i am on a pension and unable to work to get ny more.
even caravan parks (trailer homes) are so expensive, they cost more than my pension.

time for your good vibes to rub off, and miss universe to offer me something.

running girl
11-14-2012, 05:59 PM
Wow Steve, I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles. You are in a terrible way and I can't imagine any of this is good for your lupus.
I can only offer you my deepest sympathies, my heartfelt best wishes and as much good vibrations as I can muster.
Try to stay positive, I believe things will work out for you. I wish I could offer you more.

Thinking of you,
Brenda

jmail
11-14-2012, 07:38 PM
termites are edible... but the black mold I cannot do. that stuff is hazardous to my life. Steve, I don't know what to say, other than thinking 'boutcha, prayin' for you, etc., but that's like looking at a homeless man on the street around here, and saying the same thing. It does no direct good for the person. I wish there was something we could do that's "concrete" for you. In the states here, we have assisted housing, used to be called Section 8 and others, where a person's housing was subsidized. Some of the neighborhoods weren't all that good, but, it was a roof... You've been dealing with one of those tough rows to hoe here lately, brother.

Derrie
11-14-2012, 08:42 PM
Steve, sending you all the good thoughts I can from halfway around the world. So sorry you are having to deal with this right now.

Many, many hugs.

tgal
11-14-2012, 09:07 PM
I am so sorry my friend! This is the part that most people without this disease can't understand. Not only do we get sick, our life as we know often falls apart as well. You add to that we often no longer have the resources to put even pieces of it back together.

The good news is (if there is any) is that it will work out. When I lost my job Ash and I lived on $300 a month for about 6 months and I didn't think we would make it through. We did and you will also. You will find a place that is better than the one you had and you will look back on this period and almost forget how bad it was... Eventually. For now it sucks though but don't forget that we are here for you every step of the way

steve.b
11-15-2012, 01:39 AM
.... In the states here, we have assisted housing, used to be called Section 8 and others, where a person's housing was subsidized. Some of the neighborhoods weren't all that good, but, it was a roof... .

there is emergency housing, where i live in a dorm if i need it, but it is an hours drive away from my kids.
and no privacy, as i said desperate males living in an open dorm environment.

the government will assist with my rent. to a maximum of $60.50 per week. cheap units in my area are $250-350 per week.
and my pension is just under $300 per week now i have to repay the loan for the bond.

there is options, but they are few and far between.

luckly i am very un emotional at the moment.
this is not getting me down.
but the stress of it is taking its toll.

tgal
11-15-2012, 07:08 AM
Most likely only a fellow lupie will understand why one comment made me chuckle but I hope you do.

"luckily I am fairly unemotional at the moment" ... Boy we can find the good in anything can't we? Lol

take care of yourself physically. I know this has to be hard on your body

SleepyInSeattle
11-15-2012, 08:42 AM
Wow - tough place to be in - I am so sorry! :-(

Sounds like you are very resourceful and investigating all your options - I hope something crops up soon. Try to take care of yourself as best you can through all this...we will be thinking of you and hoping for the best!

kim,l
11-15-2012, 04:36 PM
steve i do not how it works in western australia but here in nsw if you go to housing department tell them you are homeless they will put you up in a hotel and pay for it on weekly basis. you just have to go into office every week and apply again. also go fill out housing forms to be put on list for priority housing. hope this helps not sure of rules over there. stay strong my friend hugs kim l

Nonna
11-15-2012, 06:30 PM
Steve my friend

((((((((hugs)))))))))))

BonusMom
11-21-2012, 10:12 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this dreadful news, Steve.

Take care and stay safe.

steve.b
11-22-2012, 04:35 AM
i have been able tomove in with my daughter inlaw and her partner.
they have just got there own rental, (nice timming)

it is not supposed to be long term, but they did not like the idea of sleeping in my car, any more than i did.

magistramarla
11-23-2012, 09:07 PM
Steve,
I am glad that you are safe.
I'm so sorry that you are having such a rough time - here's hoping that things get better soon.
Hugs,
Marla

kim,l
11-24-2012, 02:08 PM
sorry things are not good for you right now i am glad you are not living in car. we are in the middle of packing for our move right now. i know how stressful it can be. we are going to have to live in our camper trailer. and apply for housing in queensland. i know how expensive caravan parks can be. it is going to cost us 300 a week just for site fees . but the private rental has not disabled facilities for me. so the caravan park has disabled bathroom. and we will be sleeping on blow up mattress. till we can find some housing. it will be me my husband 2 daughters and 2 dogs. camping together. goodluck my friend i hope things settle down for you soon. hugs kim

jmail
11-26-2012, 05:17 PM
Glad you found some place you can at least get your legs straightened out when you sleep steve. Hopefully, you're able to find a more permanent dwelling before long.

steve.b
12-12-2012, 10:16 PM
update - - -

today i pick up the keys to my new rental.
it is opposite the high school, (where the kids will next year).

the bad news to go with my good news.
the motor on my car is uneconomical to repair.
now i need to save for another car, hopefully before this one stops all together

tgal
12-12-2012, 11:46 PM
Right now we are going to go with the good news and say... YAY!!! So glad you found a place quicker than you thought! As for the car, it will work out better than you thought as well!

rob
12-13-2012, 05:28 AM
A new place to live is great news. I'm glad to hear that problem is solved.

Sorry about your car. What kind of car is it?

Corella
12-14-2012, 04:27 PM
Steve having personally been to hell and back this past 12 months, I do know that things can change quite suddenly and when you least expect it - for the better. Take one day at a time and please don't give up hope that something will turn around for you.

Take care xxx

BonusMom
12-14-2012, 09:22 PM
Happy to hear about your new "pad."

If you want to compare stories about how this past year for me has been worse than yours, I'd beat you....hands down! Not that I'm looking for pity, I just want this year to be over already.

Here's to things looking up....and soon!

steve.b
12-16-2012, 06:22 AM
Sorry about your car. What kind of car is it?

it is a 15 year old holden commodore.
it was a very common car in its day.....
but they were not designed to last past 10 years.
and now it very loose in all the wrong places.
(you will know what i mean by that)

steve.b
12-16-2012, 06:25 AM
since we all past the end of the world, according to the myrian callendar.
12/12/12.
we an all hope the new age is better than what we have just passed through.

happy 2013 to all who did not like 2012.
and yes i am celebrating 2013 as of now.
today is 5 days b3. (before 2013)
(as opposed to bc or ad)

rob
12-16-2012, 07:26 AM
it is a 15 year old holden commodore.
it was a very common car in its day.....
but they were not designed to last past 10 years.
and now it very loose in all the wrong places.
(you will know what i mean by that)

Hi Steve,

Yeah, GM products tend to wear out sooner than later. I'm spoiled with my Toyota. It's a 1988 4WD four-cylinder truck, and it's still running like new after 240,000 miles. I bought it new in 88, and the only major mechanical thing I've done to it is to have a new clutch installed at 150,000 miles. And I had it re-painted, as 15 years in the desert had faded the paint.

In regards to the new year, well, to say 2012 was bad from my perspective would be a gross understatement. 2012 brought the worst personal tragedy I've ever witnessed, so I am more than happy to let 2012 pass into history, and welcome 2013 as a new year possibly filled with hope and renewed happiness.

I'm trying to leave behind the fear and anger that became such a part of who I am this past year. Will I succeed? I don't know. What I do know, is that I go into the new year with my head up and eyes wide open so I don't miss any of the good things that I hope will be ahead for myself, and for all of us.

Since you are going ahead and celebrating 2013 now, I'm going to as well.

Cheers!

Rob