PDA

View Full Version : Appreciation

deannegirl
11-14-2012, 12:53 AM
I just wanted to say thank you from the bottom of my heart to all the administrators, super moderators, and newbies who have welcomed me to this forum the last year and shared your stories, advice and empathy on this crazy mystery illness that is Lupus. I was diagnosed last year after suffering for 16 years and was so scared and lost and alone, unsure what was in store for me and how to cope. I had never even MET anyone with Lupus until last month and some days, felt like the only person in the world who was secretly suffering like this.

I appreciate you more than you know for showing me there is a virtual community of people from all over the world who understand and even better, care about how I'm doing and have valuable insights and advice to share. On nights like this, when I'm feeling particularly bad and nothing seems to be helping, when I hurt so bad that even sleep won't come, I log on to the wehavelupus forum and read a couple of posts that remind me I am not alone. It's that simple truth that brings me the peace I need to make it through another day.

Thank you. I love you all, my Lupus brothers and sisters. <3

steve.b
11-14-2012, 06:15 AM
today, i may be a moderator......
but i came here for exactly the same reason.
and if you read my blog..... i need help as much today as ever.
this place has been instrumental in keeping me sane.
i too thank all of you for making this site the family that you are.

there is not too many places where this type of honesty and caring are the norm.
my sanity is as balanced as it is because of this place.
thank you

debbie-b
11-14-2012, 07:48 AM
I guess, that is why we all came here, but the reason we are staying is the compation, you can feel from this forum. This is the best Lupus Forum, next to none.
We are all very grateful to have it.

Debbie

rob
11-14-2012, 09:18 AM
This place, and the people here, have changed my life for the better.

Like Steve, I'm a moderator today, but when I first came here, I was
in desperate need of help and support.

And now, this year, I once again find myself in need of shoulders to
lean on, and sometimes cry on. If grief is an ocean, WHL and the friends
I've made here are my life preserver.

Rob

Derrie
11-14-2012, 10:18 AM
While we're heaping on the WHL-love, I'd like to comment on two things that stand out to me:

1) This board is welcoming even of people who have other autoimmune diseases that may have some similar issues to lupus, but who don't have a lupus diagnosis. Even though I don't have lupus -- my doctors don't know what I have, other than it's a connective tissue disease -- this board has been welcoming and a boundless source of support, information, and straight talk.

2) The moderators rock. When I had questions about moderation issues, every single moderator was open to hear my concerns and articulated their positions calmly and reasonably. In an internet full of reactive and unkind people, this kind of thoughtful and good-hearted, humble moderation is absolutely refreshing.

Yay, WHL.

Saysusie
11-14-2012, 11:30 AM
Thank you, each of you, for your very kind words. WHL has been a labor of love from the beginning and my vision for this place was to make it a place where people who are suffering from any type of AI or Connective Tissue disease can find compassion, understanding, acceptance, information, honesty, and true caring! It brings tears to my eyes to know that we are doing exactly that.
When my daughter was so very ill, we would go to the Internet to try to find answers, information, or someone who understood. More often than not, we would run into very unfriendly people who acted as if we were disturbing them or that we were stupid, or that we had no business even asking. On several occasions, she and I would both end up in tears due to the responses that we received.
When Lauri passed away, I decided that I wanted to help people by providing to them what she and I tried to find: A one-stop place where they could find the help that they needed. My dear friend Conrad Askland (I guess, after reading my mind or seeing into my heart because I never mentioned this to him) offered to build this site for me so that I could do what my heart was telling me to do.
As such, here we are today..a global family that is genuinely loving to each and every member and where every member is valued.
So, I have to say that WHL is what it is because of who each of you are. I want to thank each of you for making WHL the place that my heart wished it to be.
Thank you to my moderators who are my life savers and my cherished friends: Rob, Tgal, and Steve.b.

Wishing you all much Peace and many Blessings
Namaste (The God In Me Sees, Recognizes, and Honors The God In You!)
Saysusie

tgal
11-14-2012, 11:56 AM
As everyone else has said, I too came here scared and alone. I had looked other place but only here did I find people that actually seemed to care about what I was going through and that really wanted to help. Even today, as a mod, I am still still someone with lupus. I still know the fear and the heartache that this disease can bring. A title doesn't change that. Y'all are as much my family as you were before I was was given the honor of being asked to help around here.

Some days I can be more helpful than others but thankfully I work with amazing people who pick up the slack when I can't carry my fair share. On top of that we are lucky to have such an amazing group of people that go out of their way to help each other so it isn't all left up to us.

I too love this place. I am more thankful than any of you will ever know. I am also thankful that the people here understand that titles or no titles we are all sick and we all have good days and bad. Like any family we love each other through them all

tgal
11-14-2012, 12:03 PM
While we're heaping on the WHL-love, I'd like to comment on two things that stand out to me:

1) This board is welcoming even of people who have other autoimmune diseases that may have some similar issues to lupus, but who don't have a lupus diagnosis. Even though I don't have lupus -- my doctors don't know what I have, other than it's a connective tissue disease -- this board has been welcoming and a boundless source of support, information, and straight talk.

2) The moderators rock. When I had questions about moderation issues, every single moderator was open to hear my concerns and articulated their positions calmly and reasonably. In an internet full of reactive and unkind people, this kind of thoughtful and good-hearted, humble moderation is absolutely refreshing.

Yay, WHL.

i have to comment to this. You handled your end of this issue perfectly as well. You came to us privately and set out your concerns in a peaceful, adult manner and then listened to the replies. This created a discussion. You never became angry or ugly which allowed all of us to hear what the other was saying. You too were an example of why this place works. While we can take credit on our end and we thank you for the compliment, you deserve credit for how that situation went down as well. Nothing is one sided. It takes us all.

thank you also

running girl
11-14-2012, 07:23 PM
This is a lovely thread.

Thanks for starting it. It reminds me to say "thank you" to both the other members and the moderators. You have provided so much support, information and guidance.

Really, Thanks!

Brenda

jmail
11-14-2012, 08:17 PM
I'd like to add my 2 bits to the accolades, especially for Saysusie Namaste for starting it, and keeping it going, Conrad for the construction & maintenance, and to the best mod panel on any web site. And what's a forum without all the members who come to learn, listen and help each other. This is a great site, in spite of all us sickies around here... Thank you all.