PDA

View Full Version : Is My Plate Not Full Enough?

BonusMom
11-10-2012, 08:34 PM
On Friday, I had my annual mammogram. Mind you, I'm in my mid-forties and have had mammos since 35 due to a strong family history (of eight sisters on my mom's side, four have had breast cancer). In fact, at the urging of my new gyno, I had the BRCA gena test in Jan. 2011-which was negative.

So, I go appear at radiology and get the tata's smashed--mark that off my list of must do's. not so fast, sister. Two hours later, I get a call saying that the radiologist wants to see me back asap for a diagnostic mammo and ultrasound. Crap.

I went through this in '06. The mammogram detected a lump so I had to have an ultrasound. Well, not only did they confirm a suspicious lump in the original position, they also found one deep in the chest wall. I had fine need aspiration and core biopsies, which showed cancerous cells. The lumps had to be removed. Two excisional biopsies later, I was assured that they got everything and no further treatment was necessary.

Six years later, I'm back on the same road, not knowing where it leads. Same side as the prior procedures. They keep "excising" tissue, I'm gonna be lopsided :-)

Please keep a good thought. One of my favorite aunts, who was originally diagnosed the same year as my mom, is now battling Stage III and my BFF was dx'ed just 8 days ago. I've always spouted the benefits of early detection (which I believe this would classify as since I haven't felt anything) and I know that if it's cancer, I'll kicks it's butt. But really, with all of the other chronic illnesses I have and the loved ones around me that are truly battling for their lives, I gotta wonder why another freaking challenge was bestowed upon me?

I want a re-do of 2012.

magistramarla
11-10-2012, 09:16 PM
BonusMom,
No, no, no!
This is the last thing that you need. I know that you will fight this thing.
Please keep us informed as you find out what is going on.
Love and Hugs,
Marla

steve.b
11-11-2012, 04:21 AM
lets not redo 2012.....
bring on 2013 quickly.
may it be a happier year for many of us.

i hope it is really early detection.
and all can progress smoothly.

debbie-b
11-11-2012, 06:38 AM
I hope everything turns out to be nothing. Like you said, you don't need that.
Let us know, what is going on.
Praying for you.

Debbie

Nonna
11-11-2012, 07:00 AM
You're right about early detection. Chin up and one step at a time. May 2013 bring joy and happiness, hugs

rob
11-11-2012, 10:30 AM
Early detection is a very, very good thing. I have no doubt that if this is cancer, you will beat it with one hand tied behind your back.

For now, I'm sending good thoughts your way...

SleepyInSeattle
11-11-2012, 11:57 AM
Ugh - I am so sorry! But I'm really glad you take care of yourself and do all the diagnostics and so you have a very positive prognosis...I know it's not fun (I have had several biopsies/excisions etc - some near the chest wall) but THANK GOODNESS we have the technology to find and treat it.

((((((hugs)))))))

Keep us updated.....

tgal
11-11-2012, 02:06 PM
This is all going to work out in a positive manner! I agree with everyone else. Enough is enough! Keep us posted but I am believing all will work out and this will be something simple!

love ya!

jmail
11-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Gentle hugs BonusMom. We're praying for you & yours here.

kim,l
11-12-2012, 07:42 PM
big hugs bonus mum best wishes with you take care i agree with steve lets forget 2012 and bring 2013.and may it be better for all of us especially you.

jmail
11-12-2012, 08:15 PM
... but hey, let's not miss Thanksgiving & Christmas (or anybody else's holidays), 'K... ?? |;^)

Saysusie
11-14-2012, 11:40 AM
Going through the exact same thing right now. However, I found the lump myself. Had the Mammogram, had the ultrasound, waiting for the decision about the need for biopsy :-(
Deep sigh.....seems at thought when it rains, it pours huh?

I am keeping you in my prayers that this will not be cancerous and even if it is, it will again be safely and completely removed. Holding you in my heart :-)

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

steve.b
11-14-2012, 04:52 PM
going through the exact same thing right now.......

hugs

hugs

hugs

you are the mother of this site,
and a mother figure to me.
may i offer a cyber hug, and hope all can progress smoothly.

running girl
11-14-2012, 06:22 PM
BonusMom, Saysusie - all my very best wishes to you both. I hope both lumps are benign. I lost my mom to breast cancer and can say that the diagnostics and treatments have come a long way.

Cheers to both of you for being proactive and taking care of "the girls" early on.

Namaste

Manderson
11-14-2012, 07:41 PM
Saysusie and Bonusmom - best wishes for good outcomes.

tgal
11-14-2012, 09:12 PM
My love to you both. No other words

magistramarla
11-21-2012, 04:17 PM
BonusMom and SaySusie,
When will we know how both of you are doing? I'll be worried about both of you until we hear from you.
Love & Hugs,
Marla

The Survivor
11-21-2012, 04:44 PM
Keep on fighting. I know this sounds corny, but don't you ever give up! I believe that any illness dwells happily in a negative state of mind. So retain positivity to decline your sickness.

I wish you the best of luck!

BonusMom
11-21-2012, 10:08 PM
Oh, the power of positive thinking!

Benign! Woo hoo!

I am SO relieved. I hope SaySusie has the same outcome.

steve.b
11-22-2012, 04:37 AM
Oh, the power of positive thinking!

Benign! Woo hoo!

I am SO relieved. I hope SaySusie has the same outcome.

happy dance time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

magistramarla
11-23-2012, 08:57 PM
BonusMom,
What a relief!
Now we can all hope to hear the same good news from SaySusie.
Hugs,
Marla