PDA

View Full Version : Pain in the butt anyone?

debbie-b
10-24-2012, 04:27 AM
Sorry, I couldn't resist the title.
But it is meant to be serious. For, oh I don't know, about six weeks, I have this really bad pain in my buttocks. It felt like sore muscles at first, but now I am not sure, if it is muscle pain.
If I sit for a while, the pain starts in the lower part off my cheeks, the part you sit on. Could it be hip pain? I do have alot of hip pain as well.
I just don't know, it kind of feels like sore muscles, but not really. Plus if it was sore muscles, it wouldn't last that long.
The pain is so bad, that I can barely get up, from a sitting position and can't walk for minutes, because of the pain.
My rheumy doesn't really know, what it could be, but thinks it might be from my hips, he said it could also be back pain?
I don't know, I just want this pain to go away.

Debbie

Mica
10-24-2012, 09:39 AM
BAHAHA that title made me smile!
Now onto the pain in your behind :) I have had that before, usually it turns out to be pain in my lower back radiating into my butt but it feels like it is in my butt. Try a heating pad at night! Worked great for me!

debbie-b
10-24-2012, 12:19 PM
BAHAHA that title made me smile!
Now onto the pain in your behind :) I have had that before, usually it turns out to be pain in my lower back radiating into my butt but it feels like it is in my butt. Try a heating pad at night! Worked great for me!

Thanks for your reply. I have tried the heating pad, no relief. Today I have tried Mobic anti inflammatory, it helps a little bit. It makes me wonder, if it is a joint issue.

Debbie

jmail
10-25-2012, 01:58 PM
I've got bad disks in my lumbar back from falling off of a ladder years ago. Issues with the back can cause you pain in the hips, butt, legs & feet. Not cool.

If you can't control the pain with nsaids, etc., and it doesn't change much with your meds and/or flare changes, then you might ask your rheumy and/or pcp if you should be seen by a neurologist for that pain in the behind...

debbie-b
10-26-2012, 04:33 AM
I have been thinking about, how I could explain the pain. It feels like the muscles are shrinking.
I have been doing very light stretching exercises, but nothing helps.
My rheumy just said, " it's probably from the Lupus." That is what he always says, when he doesn't know an answer.
It may well be from the Lupus, but what is he going to do about it?
He said to try steriods for a little while, if they help, it's an inflammation. I guess, that makes sense.

Debbie

heathermnrd
10-30-2012, 08:42 PM
I have been thinking about, how I could explain the pain. It feels like the muscles are shrinking.
I have been doing very light stretching exercises, but nothing helps.
My rheumy just said, " it's probably from the Lupus." That is what he always says, when he doesn't know an answer.
It may well be from the Lupus, but what is he going to do about it?
He said to try steriods for a little while, if they help, it's an inflammation. I guess, that makes sense.

Debbie

i had the same pain before i was diagnosed....i kept telling my parents my butt hurt and they kept saying it was because i was getting too skinny LOL. I ended up in the hopsital and was diagnosed with lupus and they put me on prednisone and the first words out of my mouth the next day were my butt doesnt hurt anymore...so give prednisone a shot. I know for me the pain hasnt come back in over a year.

debbie-b
10-31-2012, 03:31 AM
i had the same pain before i was diagnosed....i kept telling my parents my butt hurt and they kept saying it was because i was getting too skinny LOL. I ended up in the hopsital and was diagnosed with lupus and they put me on prednisone and the first words out of my mouth the next day were my butt doesnt hurt anymore...so give prednisone a shot. I know for me the pain hasnt come back in over a year.

Lol, if I was skinny, I would just use a big, fat pillow to sit on.
I have had some blood drawn and have to wait for the results and then take Prednisone for two weeks. I am waiting for the rheumy to call today.

Debbie

Saysusie
10-31-2012, 11:03 AM
Keep us posted. I was going to suggest that you ask your doctor about Prednisone or MTX as it may truly be your Lupus :-(

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

debbie-b
10-31-2012, 02:11 PM
The rheumy ( well the nurse) called earlier, my liver enzymes have doubled in the last three weeks. Now I am supposed to reduce the MTX.
Some of you might remember, I had to stop the MTX for several months, because of my liver acting up. Then after the liver biopsy, the gastro said, that I could go back on the MTX. My rheumy didn't agree, but said to try it but only half of what I used to take. Now I am back on the MTX for about eight weeks, haven't had any relief yet and now I have to reduce the dosage. I might as well, stop taking it, since it is not helping at the current dosage.
As I was talking to the nurse, she kept saying to me, " hold on" and I could hear her asking the doc questions, he would answer her and she would relay it to me. What the heck, why can't he just talk to me? He said to wait with the Prednisone, until he gets back to me.
In the mean time I am in alot of pain, in my joints and muscles. :-( I could cry.

Debbie

jmail
10-31-2012, 05:13 PM
Well, that's a pain, too, ain't it? Sorry 'bout you possibly losing your med, Debbie. Here's to hoping they can find you something that will work for you. Shtinking liver. Do you take any otc stuff, like ibuprofen or other pain relievers? Those might be impacting your liver counts too. I've tried all kinds of stuff, including a "*blah*" diet, and can't get my enzymes down all the way, no matter what... 'course, I wasn't exactly the smartest teen-twentysomething-thirtysomething, and I'm paying for it now... we're praying for you.

debbie-b
10-31-2012, 07:25 PM
Well, that's a pain, too, ain't it? Sorry 'bout you possibly losing your med, Debbie. Here's to hoping they can find you something that will work for you. Shtinking liver. Do you take any otc stuff, like ibuprofen or other pain relievers? Those might be impacting your liver counts too. I've tried all kinds of stuff, including a "*blah*" diet, and can't get my enzymes down all the way, no matter what... 'course, I wasn't exactly the smartest teen-twentysomething-thirtysomething, and I'm paying for it now... we're praying for you.

Thank you, jmail. You made me laugh, with the stinking liver comment. That about said it all, STINKING LIVER.
Unfortunately, I have been diagnosed with Autoimmune Hepatitis, which means the Lupus is attacking the liver.
I don't drink, never have, except for a glas of champagne on new years eve. I don't take anything otc, but since my liver has some damage already, the MTX is aggravating it even more.
I am pretty discouraged, because the MTX was the only thing that ever helped me before. Now if I can't take it anymore, I don't know what I am going to do. I just know one thing, I CAN'T LIVE WITH THIS PAIN.
The pain in the buttock is still there, in full force. This pain is starting to break me.

Debbie

debbie-b
11-10-2012, 03:25 PM
Well it looks, like the buttock pain is coming from my hips, mostly the right one. Besides the butt pain, I have alot of pain in the groin erea and on the outside of my hip.
The rheumy did not want me to take Prednisone again, so he told me to try the Mobic ( anti inflammatory) and it helped somewhat, but I can't take it for a long time, because my platelets are very low and the Mobic turns my blood into water. So, I only take it when I can't tolerate the pain any longer.
I don't know, what else to do. Next week I will have another blood test, if the liver enzymes went up at all, I have to stop the MTX.
What am I going to do? Even the rheumy is at the end of his rope.

Debbie

magistramarla
11-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Debbie,
Have you taken steroids a lot in your life? The hip and groin pain makes me think about Avascular Necrosis.
Taking steroids can lead to AVN. It's something that you might want to ask about.
Hugs,
Marla

debbie-b
11-11-2012, 06:33 AM
Debbie,
Have you taken steroids a lot in your life? The hip and groin pain makes me think about Avascular Necrosis.
Taking steroids can lead to AVN. It's something that you might want to ask about.
Hugs,
Marla

Thanks Marla,

No, I have not taken them alot, because my rheumy is totally against them and only has me take them in extrem situations.

Debbie

debbie-b
04-12-2013, 01:04 PM
I can't believe, that I have posted this, 6 months ago and the pain is still there.
Yes I still have the bad pain in my buttocks. By now we know, it is my tendons, I have problems with my tendons in my hands ( top of hands), my elbows, my hips, my buttocks and my feet ( the top of my feet) and my ankles.
The pain was almost gone, when I took Prednisone for 10 days. Now the pain is back, it seems to be stronger than before.
I don't know how I am going to live with this pain, on top of the joint pain, muscle pain and all the other Lupus, RA and Sjogrens pain.
I am still without MTX, because of my liver.

Debbie

debbie-b
04-23-2013, 02:33 PM
Well tomorrow we are driving to Wisconsin, to meet my brand new grand daughter. We have to drive, because at the moment the prices for the flight are outragous.
I am not looking foreward to that long drive, since I still have the pain in the butt, plus after sitting for a while, I get so stiff, that I can't get up. It is a 15 hour drive.
But what the heck, I am doing for my little baby.
Cross your fingers, that I don't have to suffer to much.

Debbie

jmail
04-24-2013, 05:15 PM
Ow! 15 hours in a car would be a nightmare, probably worse than 4 hours in an airplane... lol - Just be sure and stop and get out and walk around. *FORCE* the driver to stop for potty breaks, whether you need to go or not, about every 2 hours at least. Try to get your legs elevated every once in a while. It'll take longer to get there, but you'll be able to do more once you are. Don't do like I did, and try to do a 7 hour drive all at once, then be layed-up, out of service for a week due to body parts swelling that shouldn't be...